Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/04/2012

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Atlanta 5/04/2012

Awww, Lizzy - that was a very sweet post. I am thrilled for all of you who got to make this road trip because I know exactly the excitement you all are feeling - only wish I could have been there for the fun, too. As far as being new to the Border, there is always a place here for frenzied Eagles fans who want to blabber endlessly about the awesomeness of this band!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Lizzy, Glad you had such a great time at your Eagles show & meeting the others from the Border! I'm sure it was an amazing experience!! I know I feel every time I get to see them, & meeting up with people from here makes it that much more fun!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    I've hijacked my friend Kathy's computer for a bit, so I came here. I will post more when I get home but I just wanted to say how this whole thing was pretty much one of the greatest experiences of my life! I don't even think that it has hit me yet that I was actually there, listening to such perfection and being at my first Eagles concert! The vibe was incredible and some bald guy called me Princess all night long. My seats were a little further back than I wish, BUT I still had good seats compared to 75% of the crowd behind me! But, I was able to sit up with VA and HH til the very last minute and enjoy the pre-concert anticipation and have a few laughs before show time. I wouldn't change anything for the world!

That being said, meeting VA and HH was a definite highlight of the entire concert thing too. Getting to hang out with them and feel the excitement was a real treat. And, I have lots of tips and help on future concerts! I'm really honored that they allowed me to take part in this with them... afterall, I am relatively new here, a complete stranger but I have felt welcomed from day one. I've wasted so much of my life and it feels good to be a part of something fun and obviously, worthwhile.

Thanks to the entire Border group for having me.
    We LOVED having you!!!! You are a hoot and a half, LP. Anytime . . . Anywhere . . . . I'm ready to do it again. I think you should try New York next time. Half the fun of going to these shows, is meeting new Borderers who share in the same excitement and anticipation. When you are lucky enough to hook up with people who love it as much as you do AND who are easy to travel and hang with -- that's the icing on the cake. Tons of Kudos to Zelda and LP on this trip. Not only was it their first Eagles concert, but it was Z's FIRST EVER plane ride (she got the "wings" from Delta to prove it) and LP drove for about 7 hours by herself in a "risky" car to be there. Well done, Ladies. You rock!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, VA for taking all of the pictures! I brought my camera but felt no pressure to actually use it because I knew you were on it. I had the pleasure of being in the moment without running the risk of disappointing fellow borderers, so thank you. I am (selfishly) thrilled that you can come to Glenn's Town Hall show on Wed to take the picture posting pressure off of me as well, but I promise to take a few pictures. I feel extremely relieved that I'll have you as back up.

I don't think Soda has posted her review from Wednesday's show yet, but the difference between the Wed and Friday shows was extreme. I won't dwell on the negative but it was glaring. It seemed as if there was a storm cloud or a sort of pallor that permeated the Wednesday show. It just wasn't right. I won't give you any concrete, specific reason that would dwell on the negative, but the vibe was WAAAAAY off. On the bright side, as VA posted, I don't think I've ever seen a better show as Friday's. I've seen them where they have been individually on the top of their game, but I've NEVER before seen them where they were so collectively "on". They exuded enthusiasm and genuine joy. It was a pleasure to see. My cheeks still hurt from the joy of it all. Unreal. T

On a scale from 1 to 10 it was a 15. Thank you, gentlemen. It was outstanding!

You're making me feel . As HH said, you often see a show when someone is individually at their best, but to see ALL of them at 100% is rare - you lucky Borderers.

So 2 Borderers lost their Eagles virginity in Atlanta! (with the Eagles there's no way you'd regret it the next morning) I know you'll cherish the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    You're making me feel . As HH said, you often see a show when someone is individually at their best, but to see ALL of them at 100% is rare - you lucky Borderers.

So 2 Borderers lost their Eagles virginity in Atlanta! (with the Eagles there's no way you'd regret it the next morning) I know you'll cherish the memories.
    I only regret that Glenn wasn't there to make me breakfast in bed, afterwards. lol

BUT, I must say... HH makes a pretty mean peanut butter sammich!!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I only regret that Glenn wasn't there to make me breakfast in bed, afterwards. lol

BUT, I must say... HH makes a pretty mean peanut butter sammich!!!

I've hijacked my friend Kathy's computer for a bit, so I came here. I will post more when I get home but I just wanted to say how this whole thing was pretty much one of the greatest experiences of my life! I don't even think that it has hit me yet that I was actually there, listening to such perfection and being at my first Eagles concert! The vibe was incredible and some bald guy called me Princess all night long. My seats were a little further back than I wish, BUT I still had good seats compared to 75% of the crowd behind me! But, I was able to sit up with VA and HH til the very last minute and enjoy the pre-concert anticipation and have a few laughs before show time. I wouldn't change anything for the world!

That being said, meeting VA and HH was a definite highlight of the entire concert thing too. Getting to hang out with them and feel the excitement was a real treat. And, I have lots of tips and help on future concerts! I'm really honored that they allowed me to take part in this with them... afterall, I am relatively new here, a complete stranger but I have felt welcomed from day one. I've wasted so much of my life and it feels good to be a part of something fun and obviously, worthwhile.

Thanks to the entire Border group for having me.
    Lizzy, I love having you here too! We were all strangers at first. It is amazing to me that so many Borderers (& I am sure many others) count their trips to Eagles' (and solo Eagles') concerts to be a highlight in their lives! Meeting up with fellow Borderers & sharing the experience with them takes the experience to an even higher level of enjoyment! I have experienced this myself & there is nothing like it!!! The excitement is extreme when a group of Borderers get together!

So glad that the Border has brought some fun into your life! There sure is a group of wonderful people here!

I feel the same way Lizzy...being newcomers and to be welcomed the way we were is awesome...Somehow even though I had just met VK, HH, and Soda, they made me feel like I had known them forever...kindred spirits in Eagles fans I guess...hopefully will meet more border friends in the future.
    zelda

Lizzy, you're only a stranger here for a minute (although some of us can probably seem 'strange' from time to time!). But this is the absolute best place to be if you are interested in sharing your own experience and living vicariously thru others which, once you've seen the guys live for yourself, is very easy to do. Welcome....we're all glad to have you among our numbers.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Thank you for The photosc The Reviews and for sharing your experiences! Its great to have you all here!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)