Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/04/2012

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Atlanta 5/04/2012

Well Lizzy, I think it's a shame that you just don't fit in here at all!! Seriously, I am among the members here that are very glad you found us and that I've also gotten to share your Eagles deflowering with you. I count you as a friend (or sister by another mother) and know that we have more than the Eagles in common. Hope you stick around!!!

I've quickly scanned the pictures but can't wait till later this morning to really check them out better. Thank you Verna, for taking such beautiful ones and posting them so fast.

Now I know I shouldn't ask but I just have to, and please just tell me to forget about it if you are sticking with not wanting to tell us but exactly what is the difference that made this show so much better than the first show? What was the obvious reason? I'm really curious.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Now I know I shouldn't ask but I just have to, and please just tell me to forget about it if you are sticking with not wanting to tell us but exactly what is the difference that made this show so much better than the first show? What was the obvious reason? I'm really curious.
    Of course you can ask! The review for the 5/02 show hasn't gone up yet and I think once it does it'll be more obvious. Or not. I'm not sure I can put it into words. Wednesday's show was vocally and musically perfect except for Don missing a cue at the end of In the City, and after that, they joked about the 'surprise ending'. Other than that, there were no jokes, only a couple of times when band members stood next to each other and interacted with each other. There wasn't a lot of interaction with each other or with the audience in general. It was still a great a show, but the show on Friday was so completely great, it emphasized that Wednesday's show wasn't as 'on'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks VA. Just goes to show, everyone has their "off" days. Glad they were in such great form on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

Stupid microphone!!!!! Beautiful pic tho.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow guys! Sounds like you all had one of the times of your lives! I'm so glad! Thanks for the reviews, comments, and pictures! Fabulous! Borderers are the best!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Of course you can ask! The review for the 5/02 show hasn't gone up yet and I think once it does it'll be more obvious. Or not. I'm not sure I can put it into words. Wednesday's show was vocally and musically perfect except for Don missing a cue at the end of In the City, and after that, they joked about the 'surprise ending'. Other than that, there were no jokes, only a couple of times when band members stood next to each other and interacted with each other. There wasn't a lot of interaction with each other or with the audience in general. It was still a great a show, but the show on Friday was so completely great, it emphasized that Wednesday's show wasn't as 'on'.
    I thought in the first night photos, Glenn did not look happy.

The entire 5 days in Atlanta went by so quickly, I am trying to piece together my memories of everything that I did. I had so many emotions at the concert, stemming from this lifelong wish of seeing the Eagles in concert about to come true, to the excitement of meeting HH and VA. Being my first time, perhaps I wasn't as observant of the little things, like some of you pro's are. I watched a lot of the concert from the big screens provided, and therefore I did miss a few interactions on stage if the camera wasn't focused on that part at that time. BUT, that's ok... I was THERE and that's all that mattered to me. I remember things like EVERYONE as far as the eye could see, was singing EVERY word of EVERY song, the entire concert. I remember there being just as many younger fans there as ones my age and older. I remember the songs being perfect, note for note and thinking that it was so spot on, they could have been lip syncing to the records. Of course I knew that wasn't the case, but it was just that perfect. I remember thinking that I was witnessing a part of history and for every 'jealous' moment I had of the fans in the front row, there were a hundred other people that were jealous of me, that I was THERE, in the crowd, living that dream! I wish that I could recall details but I simply can't. It was too overwhelming to be there. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I probably would have if I had been sitting with the HH and VA but, I decided I had better stay composed around bald guy sitting one seat down from me. Music is my passion and I just can't put into words the way I felt that night. But, you guys already know that feeling....

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Yup, Liz, we get it completely!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, lizzy, we do. You said it all perfectly.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Lizzy, so glad you had that amazing experience of seeing the Eagles live. The first few times I had seen them (in the 70's), they did not wow me the way they did at the HFO show...That show just had me completely floored at the perfection of the performances......They most certainly improved with age!!!
    So happy for you girl!!