Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "After Hours"!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "After Hours"!

I'm a few days early for the anniversary.

Like many, I have trouble sleeping recently. However, when it's really a problem, I play this album. With the light off and no distractions, I can really listen and enjoy the nuances while becoming more relaxed and I rarely make it to the end without falling asleep. I don't mean that in an insulting way - it's not boredom but more like entering into a hypnotic trance.

Happy eighth birthday, After Hours.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Like many, I have trouble sleeping recently. However, when it's really a problem, I play this album. With the light off and no distractions, I can really listen and enjoy the nuances while becoming more relaxed and I rarely make it to the end without falling asleep. I don't mean that in an insulting way - it's not boredom but more like entering into a hypnotic trance.

When my husband worked nights I used to do that too. Its rarely he is out working at night now. I miss my dropping off to After Hours. I'm lookimg forward to celebrating its 8th Birthday too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

I absolutely adore this album. I remember when I brought it home (yes, hard-copy, not a digital download), my husband remarked how much he enjoys it as well. Glenn's voice is just right for these songs and they remind me of a combination of big band, jazz... just laid back "yesteryear" stuff.

Love your description, UTW. This definitely is a collection that just lets you get lost in it.

Stuck on the Border

Wow, I can't believe it has been eight years. I too love this album, those songs were made for Glenn to sing.
    Happy Birthday AH.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh wow, I can't believe it's been eight years either!

Love it much to my surprise. I didn't think I would, but Glenn did such an amazing job with it, I do! He sounds perfect on every song to me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

So glad Glenn did this album. Happy birthday!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy Birthday to the "After Hours" album, a gorgeous collection of outstanding interpretations of (mostly)classic songs.

Just listen to Glenn emoting on every syllable:
    Now when I remember Spring
    All the joy that love can bring
    I will be remembering
    The shadow of your smile....

Smooth as silk and achingly beautiful!
    SIGH......

"Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Happy Birthday to the beautiful sublime After Hours. Glenn 's voice is so rich and full of emotion in these songs. So far from many of his Eagles Rockers too. Its shows how versatile he was in life. I remember him saying a number of times how he wanted to record this for his parents and they had been getting older at tge time of its release. Now all 3 of them have passed on but what a beautiful legacy he has left behind.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Such an awesome album. "The Look of Love" is one of my favorites. Glenn's parents and mine were from the same generation (my mom had kids after age 35), so I remember a lot of these, and we had the same music in our home growing up that he did in his. Lovely voice, lovely music.

This is definitely not my cup of tea, but I'm so glad Glenn got to release another solo album before he died. I tried my best to make it my cup of tea, but it just isn't.

I'm a blues/classic rock/hard rock/hair metal guy be it The Who or Dokken. I'm just not cut out for Burt Bacharach or Tony Bennett type music. I like other genres (country, etc) but only when they sound like the genres I already like.

It's funny because I DO love Motown and Stax and Muscle Shoals style RNB soul music (Marvin Gaye, The Four Tops, etc), but the smoky piano bar thing isn't for me. Same with jazz and classical, I just cannot do it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."