Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "After Hours"!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "After Hours"!

He's a great interpreter as well. He has sung a lot of songs he hasn't written during his career, although the Jack Tempchin ones he would probably regard as being almost his own songs.

Some of the singing he does on this album takes fans like me to new places; I Wanna Be Around, for instance. It's the type of song I would have associated more with Don. Here's To Life takes you on a journey. When you see him sing these songs live it is a very special experience.

I listen to IHeart Radio every day and they play a few songs from After Hours. They play For Sentimental Reasons, The Look Of Love, and The Shadow Of Your Smile. I'm starting to like those songs especially For Sentimental Reasons and The Shadow Of Your Smile. Glenn just sound so different on this album, but I'm going to try to listen to the album again.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I tried to find this song, but it isn't on YouTube. Sooner or later I will get all the Glenn stuff, but because this album is not in stores here in Finland, I must order it at some point. I'm very much looking forward to hearing it, but I must say that I consider Glenn very much a writer, so I'm not as interested in hearing him sing songs by other people.

Amazon and eBay both have it on sale. Well worth buying.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I just heard one tune from this album and am seriously thinking of buying it. Although Randy is my favorite singer I do enjoy Glenn's voice a lot. When he sings 'I'm headed home from your place" in Ol55 it just gets me to the core! Something in his voice is very soulful and erotic... Best have a drink to cool off.. Anyhow that is why I think I'd enjoy After hours cd.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I should have listened to this album last night, it would have put me in a better mood! I know I often post about shallow things...how good he looks, his perfect behind, his sexy neck... OK, I'll stop. Anyway, while I very much appreciate his songwriting skills, it really always has been his voice that drew me to him. We discussed in another thread about how his voice has matured and while he doesn't have the range he had as a younger man, the quality of his voice has gotten better. This album, in my opinion, showcases his voice, which is one reason I love it. I like this genre, so I like the songs as well. It's his voice, though, that keeps me listening to it so often. Listening to this album with a glass of red works like a backrub for me, and the tensions of the day disappear. At least until the album is over and the glass is empty...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I should have listened to this album last night, it would have put me in a better mood! I know I often post about shallow things...how good he looks, his perfect behind, his sexy neck... OK, I'll stop. Anyway, while I very much appreciate his songwriting skills, it really always has been his voice that drew me to him. We discussed in another thread about how his voice has matured and while he doesn't have the range he had as a younger man, the quality of his voice has gotten better. This album, in my opinion, showcases his voice, which is one reason I love it. I like this genre, so I like the songs as well. It's his voice, though, that keeps me listening to it so often. Listening to this album with a glass of red works like a backrub for me, and the tensions of the day disappear. At least until the album is over and the glass is empty...
    The album releases the days tensions for me too, VA, even without the glass of wine. I often listen to it before I go to sleep at night.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have a little bit of a different take on After Hours because these type of songs are not my favorite genre. However, I still find it very enjoyable to listen to. I can agree with VA and GL that Glenn's vocals are absolutely exquisite on this album. I would also say that his version of most of these songs is the best I've ever heard. So, it's definitely worthy of getting some play time in my CD player even if it's not my favorite.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Agreed.

I love listening to him breathing before he sings a phrase. Then I love listening to the nuances he gets out of each word & the way he puts his own 'take' on each lyric.

I love everything about it & I recommend it to those like DJ who don't know so much of his solo work.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The atmosphere in the school where I work is very tense and highly charged as well as being incredibly noisy. I come out with my head literally spinning. It is lovely for me to slide 'After Hours' into my CD player in the car and listen to the lovely mellow relaxing sound of both Glenn 's voice and the music. I need that 40 mins or so with him every day, or my head would literally explode!!

Obviously as I'm driving the red wine (or any wine) is out!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Obviously as I'm driving the red wine (or any wine) is out!!!
    I thought about that after I posted, I used to listen to it as I'm driving home from work, but my MP3 player has a 'corrupted' spot on it and I haven't replaced it yet. I have it on my phone, I guess I could play it via Bluetooth since I'm obviously too lazy to shop for a new MP3 player. (I keep an Eagles CD in the CD player at all times, usually LROOE, Disc #1, so I can listen to WDIDWMH 4 times in a row).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.