Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "After Hours"!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of "After Hours"!

Happy 4th Anniversary to "After Hours"!!! I loved this album and I'm sad I didn't even know Glenn did it till after he passed. I love standards and music from the 40s, 50s, and 60s and it was so amazing to hear Glenn sing this and it's such a lovely album. His voice is just fantastic on this. I love he made this for his parents too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Happy 4th anniversary to After Hours. I must admit that this album has grown on me since Glenn's death. It was his death that prompted me to buy a physical copy of the album. Granted, it is my least favorite album of his because it isn't my kind of music. but I've come to enjoy the songs occasionally. Glenn's voice is beautiful and fits in perfectly with the music.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I'm not usually a 40's/50's music kind of guy, but I was suitably impressed when I put this album on in my car a couple of weeks back.

The album has a consistency that some of his other works don't have. I would certainly rate it above his previous two studio efforts, and right up there with his first two.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I'm just so very grateful for this album, especially now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Happy 4th Birthday to After Hours

I can't help recollecting today the excitement we all felt 4 years ago as Glenn 's long awaited album was finally released- we couldn't wait to get our hands on it, listen to the songs, some that we had heard before, others that we would hear for the first time. The excitement of attending the first 6 shows that he supported the CD with.

I'm so glad that he released it when he did, before his mom passed away and even more shockingly before he left us too. If he hadn't released it when he did we may never have been able to hear this lovely album. Listening to it today (for the first time since January) like all his other work, the lyrics of so many of the songs are taking on different and newer meanings. Its painful but its cathartic to remember and relive.

To finish
    'Here's to life, Here's to love, Heres to YOU'

Thank you Glenn
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

After Hours was the first Eagles-related CD I bought after watching History of the Eagles (19th June 2013). I loved it then and still do.

Here's to Life seems so apt. Thank you, Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    I'm not usually a 40's/50's music kind of guy, but I was suitably impressed when I put this album on in my car a couple of weeks back.

The album has a consistency that some of his other works don't have. I would certainly rate it above his previous two studio efforts, and right up there with his first two.
    I can't agree that it's better than Strange Weather but it's my second favourite of his albums. We know there were tracks he didn't use - one being A Rainy Night In Georgia. The album should be re-released with the unused tracks.

I'm also a hard core Brian Wilson fan and think Glenn's cover of Caroline, No is superb. Love the orchestral arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWuOebOArA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY AFTER HOURS!!!

To repeat what I've said before, the types of songs on After Hours are not my favorite genre. However, I still find the album very enjoyable to listen to. I agree that Glenn's vocals are absolutely exquisite. I would also say that his versions of most of these songs are the best I've ever heard. So, even if it's not my favorite Glenn solo effort, it still an awesome album. And what a great time some of us Borderers had on our After Hours East Coast concert tour back in 2012!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY AFTER HOURS!!!

To repeat what I've said before, the types of songs on After Hours are not my favorite genre. However, I still find the album very enjoyable to listen to. I agree that Glenn's vocals are absolutely exquisite. I would also say that his versions of most of these songs are the best I've ever heard. So, even if it's not my favorite Glenn solo effort, it still an awesome album. And what a great time some of us Borderers had on our After Hours East Coast concert tour back in 2012!
    After Hours is not my favorite Glenn solo effort either for the same reasons you have expressed - I do enjoy it though and all things considered I'm very glad he made the album when he did.