Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "After Hours"!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Celebration of "After Hours"!

I'm so delighted you are so excited FP. BON VOYAGE!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Oh wow. Please let that happen. But obviously I will feel for you if you have missed it. Will it replace an existing song or be added?
    They didn't say and I didn't think to ask...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I've now heard the album very often and I found it better with every listen!
    I think I had to get used to it first!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I've now heard the album very often and I found it better with every listen!
    I think I had to get used to it first!
    It is definitely different from his previous releases, so yes, to someone not familiar with these song beforehand, it would take some adjustment!
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It is definitely different from his previous releases, so yes, to someone not familiar with these song beforehand, it would take some adjustment!
    Right, usually this is not my preferred style of music but I must say I can really get used to!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

My husband hit it exactly after the show last weekend. He commented that if people can just get past seeing these songs as "Grandma music" and listen to them as they are, they're really gorgeous songs. This is from someone who isn't even a fan (or at least wasn't before the show).

When the Eagles concerts were announced for Atlantic City, I concentrated my non-radio listening on Eagles music. Now with Glenn's concert announced for FL, I've been listening to After Hours again. This morning I put it in my home stereo system and just enjoyed it without the distraction of yelling at other drivers.

I have all kinds of 'Vocals' and 'Standards' CDs in the stereo system by the pool and coming back to After Hours, I have to say once again what an amazing album this is. Even getting past the great songs and amazing vocals, the arrangements of them, the production of it is incredible. You can listen to it compared to the others and tell it was done with time, a lot of work, a lot of care, and a lot of love for the music. Some of the others feel like the artist said, "I bet I can get this down in one try." Not this one.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    When the Eagles concerts were announced for Atlantic City, I concentrated my non-radio listening on Eagles music. Now with Glenn's concert announced for FL, I've been listening to After Hours again. This morning I put it in my home stereo system and just enjoyed it without the distraction of yelling at other drivers.

I have all kinds of 'Vocals' and 'Standards' CDs in the stereo system by the pool and coming back to After Hours, I have to say once again what an amazing album this is. Even getting past the great songs and amazing vocals, the arrangements of them, the production of it is incredible. You can listen to it compared to the others and"s

tell it was done with time, a lot of work, a lot of care, and a lot of love for the music. Some of the others feel like the artist said, "I bet I can get this down in one try." Not this one.
    I think that Glenn is a perfectionist and knows how he wants it to sound.
    He did the album for his parents. What a nice gift to them and we get to enjoy it. He stepped out of the box with this one because it was something he wanted to do for his Mom.
    Music is music and I listen to different things at different times depending on my mood. At the concert he did a jazzy version of"The heat is ON "and "Smugglers Blues" which I loved and they are not on the album.

I think this album was something he wanted to do for a long time and I am glad he did it and we get to enjoy it for what it is........a gift to his parents

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I must say I agree! I really love listening to 'After Hours'. It's a complete stress buster and it is so easy to listen to. Glenn 's warm mellow voice just transports me to wonderful places. While I do love his other work too, this one is completely different and is one of my favourite albums. I never tire of listening to it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Celebration of "After Hours"

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, AFTER HOURS!!

One year ago today, Glenn put out his first solo album since the 90s... After Hours. Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year already!

Remember how excited we all were when we saw this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HezXTiOCNw

To celebrate, here's a couple videos from the official channel:

My favorite, next to the title track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lN1-r4cvts

This isn't too shabby either - love the dancing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnQKSIshNQ

I'm so grateful to Glenn for putting out new material, and I hope there's more to come!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten