Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: May 9th Town Hall NYC

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: May 9th Town Hall NYC

Hi, Shoey, and welcome to The Border! Yes, I was surprised that the seats were so close to the stage, and given that, I'm not surprised they didn't sell seats in the front row. I'm pretty sure one's knees would brush against the stage if you tried to sit there.

Thanks for your input, although like us you're influenced by a recent Eagles concert! Glad to have you on board and hope to hear from you often!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks for posting all the details in the reviews. It sure sounds like it was an incredible show & glad you all enjoyed it so much... I would have loved to hear him with that orchestra....Love all the great photos too!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister View Post
    Saratoga is a sneeze southwest of San Jose. My guesstimate would be about a half hour or so depending on what part of San Jose as it is rather large and of course traffic patterns. I have no guess as to where in San Jose he's planning on playing. In Saratoga I would assume he's looking at the Mountain Winery. I've not been to a concert there but the one I went to at the Wente Winery in Livermore was lovely. I'm down for Bay Area shows. Bring it on Glenn!
    Me too!! We have to keep our eyes open for a show at either the Mountain Winery or the Montalvo where Joe is playing in September.

How about a hat trick? Glenn in San Jose and Saratoga and then we mosey on over to Reno for Don's solo show on June 28th. It's only about a 4 1/2 hour drive.

See you on Wednesday, Lissa. LaGuardia -- around 9:30-ish. Let the games begin -- or in my case -- continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Schoey5107 View Post
    I was very happy that I got to hear 4 of 5 songs I really wanted to hear. The only one I didn't hear was New Kid In Town. For some reason he doesn’t play it solo or with the Eagles. If someone knows why he doesn't play it I would love to know. I think it's one of his best songs.

The band was tight and Glenn sounded great so I would have to give the show an A-
    Welcome and thanks for the compliment about the site as well as all the details about your experience! Glad you had a good experience overall. Regarding the above question about New Kid in Town, I'm just speculating, but perhaps it's hard for him to go that high consistently. He's often remarked on that being the highest he could sing. I can't think of any other reason he would drop one of the Eagles ' biggest hits.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister View Post
    Saratoga is a sneeze southwest of San Jose. My guesstimate would be about a half hour or so depending on what part of San Jose as it is rather large and of course traffic patterns. I have no guess as to where in San Jose he's planning on playing. In Saratoga I would assume he's looking at the Mountain Winery. I've not been to a concert there but the one I went to at the Wente Winery in Livermore was lovely. I'm down for Bay Area shows. Bring it on Glenn!

If this was during the Summer Holidays I could possibly do this. How far are these venues from San Francisco? My cousin Shane lives there. Maybe I could fit in a visit to him too if I was travelling this far!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

We don't know when they are and as Soda reminded me last night, they could be private events. I surely wish we knew!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    If this was during the Summer Holidays I could possibly do this. How far are these venues from San Francisco? My cousin Shane lives there. Maybe I could fit in a visit to him too if I was travelling this far!
    Take a look... shows San Jose too.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=San%...2s=CA&2z=95070
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a public concert, at a convenient time for you!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thank you EK! I'm kinda hoping if the dates were on the T-shift it would indeed mean public!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

But GA I hate to break it to you; when he did the PTO tour, the dates on that T shirt included a couple of private shows. I think that is what these are. If they had been public they would have gone on sale by now.

Like most people I am disappointed that he isn't doing more shows; opportunity lost.