Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: May 9th Town Hall NYC

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: May 9th Town Hall NYC

I just want to say, OMG it was freakin fabulous. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that man. He couldn't have worked the crowd any better and his band was beyond great.
    BIG SIGH . . . . . . . .

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Those pics are fabulous! So clear! And close!!! And thank you also for the mini review! Makes me even more anxious for all the dets!

Wow!! How exciting for you girls!! I can only imagine getting to be there, still high from the Atlanta gigs!!!

And when you said he sounded so enthusiastic, it just made me think how very special this first show of his probably was to him!! So glad you two were able to be a part of that!

LOVE the pictures!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

What a production this seems to be with orchestra and all!!! Sounds wonderful!!! Love the pics and thanks for getting them to us so quickly!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Great pictures!!!! Thanks for posting them! I'm sure you had an amazing time!

WOW! Fantastic phots, thanks so much!
    What a great setlist! Can't wait to hear more about this concert!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I haven't seen any tour-date additions to his website, but the T-Shirts we bought read:

New York, Washington DC, Englewood, Bethlehem, Mashantucket, Los Angeles, San Jose and Saratoga so maybe GA's dream will come true and one of these two additional dates will fit her schedule!!

Just dropped VA at the train back to Virginia. Ouch. Think we got about 4 hour sleep -- but I'm SO NOT COMPLAINING. The concert was absolutely worth it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

OH COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! !!!!

Are San Jose and Saratoga near each other?

Will you pm me when you get a chance about t-shirts please?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, ladies! How did you manage to sleep at all!

Thanks for filling us in and the pics! Glenn looks fabulous, as usual! Can't wait to hear more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I actually have to do some work this morning so this will be quick and I'll post more later. It was a fabulous concert. I keep going back to what Glenn has said in recent interviews, that if he could reach a small portion of the millions of Eagles fans and expose them to and turn them on to this "new" music then that'd be great. Well, mission accomplished. Even a cynical New York audience loved it. How could you not?

After Peaceful Easy Feeling, he spoke to the crowd and joked that this was the beginning of his East Coast Retirement Party.

He talked about After Hours being recently released and how fortunate he was to have members of the band with him tonight that played on the album. He also had some newer musicians playing -- Wade (didn't catch his last name) on Bass and background vocals from Anchorage, Alaska and Reggie Cooper on upright bass from Detroit -- where mother is half a word. Yep. He did the joke again. It's funny every time. It never gets old for me.
    Hopefully VA got his name, but the saxophone player was unreal. His playing was smokey, smooth and hot (as was Glenn's voice).

The NYU Orchestra came in right after Route 66 and joined him for Sentimental Reasons. It was a cute moment because as they got settled (there seemed to be about 25 members) and prepared to play, Glenn said that one of his favorite sounds is the sound of an orchestra tuning.

I can't express enough how much the orchestra brought to the performance. They added so many "layers" to the music and gave a whole new dimension to the songs. I'm not doing it justice in my description, but they were outstanding.

Glenn talked about how the mid to late 60's was a great time in music and that Randy Newman was his favorite American singer/songwriter. He got a laugh from the crowd when he said that only Randy Newman could write a love song about a junkie and a hooker and then played Same Girl.

More later . . . .