Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Hotel California

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Aww I loved that Don/Stevie one Soda! I'd never seen it before! I loved the little smiles back and forth
    I loved it too. They're always so cute together.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Terrific video !!! Thank you for the download, Soda.

Congratulations to Hotel California. A deserved win! This is the first song that brought my attention to the Eagles, and it has lost nothing over the years[/list]

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congrats again to Hotel California for a well deserved win. I think the final outcome of the game was inevitable, but it was still fun to play. After all, as I said before this is one of the greatest songs on one of the greatest albums in rock 'n roll history. I love the download with Stevie and Don, Soda, but I'll alway prefer the original version of this song with just Don. I can't think of any song that is so 'custom-made' for one man's voice. NO ONE can sing this song like Don Henley can, IMHO (except of course, William Hung) .

New Kid in Town is a very worthy runner up. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this song were on any of the other Eagles album, it quite possibly would come out at or near the top every time in this game. It is definately one of their best songs. FP, said it is Glenn's finest hour. I think it is close, but I'm still leaning toward Heartache Tonight as Glenn's best.

Again, as has been the trend, there were only a few surprizes for me, and they were in the middle rounds of the game. Looking forward to the start of the next Survivor game in the coming weeks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016