Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 14, 2012 Warner Theater, Washington, DC

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: May 14, 2012 Warner Theater, Washington, DC

Beautiful once again!!! But do me a favor.... Friday night, scream at him to open his beautiful eyes for a couple of pictures!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Beautiful once again!!! But do me a favor.... Friday night, scream at him to open his beautiful eyes for a couple of pictures!
    He did open his beautiful eyes and look out a lot, but when he does that, I'm not about to stick a camera in front of my face!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yes, he opened his eyes a bit more than usual, and they are gorgeous.

I really enjoyed myself! Glenn put on a great show. He didn't hold back and I ate it up. I was lucky enough to be front row for this and, not counting stage rushes and general admission shows, this was the first time I'd had a front row seat for a solo show. It was even cooler because I'd forgotten I had front row. You see, when I'd ordered the tickets, I was having some difficulties thinking straight. Definitely a happy surprise!

You can see from VA's terrific photos that Glenn was wearing a snazzy suit rather than the business one, and looked fabulous. His vocals were full of heart. I loved it!

More later.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

As I said last night, it was a great concert and a great time, and I’m very glad for that for a lot of reasons. I needed an escape and I got it for a few hours.

I remember he made the ‘East Coast retirement party’ joke again early in the set. He made the comment a couple of times throughout the evening about the empty seats. Which surprised me, because when I went out to LiveNation over the weekend, there weren’t many seats open on the lower level and over half the mezzanine was sold.

I’m not sure why, but I really appreciated how he did Tequila Sunrise last night. I don’t think he did anything different than last week, but it’s one of my favorites and his vocals on it touched me.

Before Lyin’ Eyes I remember he did the Plaintiff joke and talked about how even though it was a long song, he and Don wrote it ‘fast’, and that they did everything fast, almost, back in 1975. During the song, he added a word. “...she won’t have to worry. Much...”

He gave some shout outs this night as well to some friends whose names I can’t remember. He said he had friends in Customs and Border Protection and they would have been handy to have back in the 70s and 80s.
    Steuart Smith was there and he got a shout-out as well, and Glenn mentioned he was from Arlington, VA. He got a lot of applause.

He did more dancing last night than he did at Town Hall, he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Once again, Sentimental Reasons was a highlight of my evening. Caroline No was sung and played with a lot of passion and was a joy to hear and see. The Look of Love was perfect. I just love this song and I love how he sings it.

There were quite a few annoying people in the crowd, you know, the kind that likes to shout out random things just to hear themselves, I guess. There was a woman a couple of rows behind me that decided after shouting out “We love you, Glenn” several times she’d then go up to the front and put a piece of paper on the stage. I guess it had the name of a song on it that she wanted to hear. When they didn’t look at the paper, she kept coming forward and shouting and basically begging Danny to play this song (I think it was I Found Somebody). She was very annoying and upsetting those nearer to the aisle, and the ushers didn’t step in. It got to the point where someone backstage/side stage came out of the curtain and told her to go back to her seat. It wasn’t until during an encore that an usher came and made her sit down. The lady beside me actually shouted for security. Then she and her husband left and the annoying woman sat there for a while, but she got nasty with the lady in the front row on the aisle and it was a big distraction and almost ruined the end of the concert for a few people.

Fortunately, by the time he got to Take It Easy, someone had corralled the annoying woman elsewhere and we could all concentrate on the song. TBF, he definitely sang this one with his eyes open and making eye contact with the audience. It was absolutely fantastic.

The entire evening was great. Only someone who’d heard it with the symphony would have missed the fact they weren’t there. It was a fantastic show that I’m so very glad I was able to see. It was a show that once again showcased the many talents and abilities of Glenn Frey.
    VK

Oh, I would have sooo loved to have been there! Glad you were treated to such a wonderful performance! Thanks for the gorgeous pictures & your review, Va! As soon as I saw the 1st one I thought "Soda will be happy, he's wearing the gray suit!" Thanks for your post too, Nancy! P.S. Did your suede shows make it through unscathed?

I think this is my favorite pic! It shows such emotion!!! He is sooo into the song! Do you happen to remember which song he was performing?

Last edited by GlennLover; 05-15-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Great photos. So glad you enjoyed the show, aside from the annoying lady (OMG, people like that really bug me) and usually there is at least 1 annoying person at a show.
    Thanks for the review. Love that suit he's wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I think this is my favorite pic! It shows such emotion!!! He is sooo into the song! Do you happen to remember which song he was performing?

It's near the beginning of my photo list, and counting the background changes leading up to this, I'm guessing it was Route 66. It's that song or one soon after.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, that was a wonderful review! Sounds like it was a great time and Glenn was in top form! I absolutely love that gray suit on him! He looks

Boo to the belligerent woman! Some people are just stupid!

ETA: That is my favorite pic too! HS & G!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Steuart, eh? Well, well. Given that he played on the CD I'm glad he played on the tour. I hope he's at the LA show but there may not be room, with the orchestra!

Sounds like a wonderful evening. As for empty seats I suppose as I have said this album is not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Steuart, eh? Well, well. Given that he played on the CD I'm glad he played on the tour. I hope he's at the LA show but there may not be room, with the orchestra!

Sounds like a wonderful evening. As for empty seats I suppose as I have said this album is not for everybody.
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. He wasn't playing, he was in the audience.
    VK