Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Oh, VA! The are all so gorgeous!!! Particularly love this one:

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the lovely photos; how embarrassing though to have two dates printed on a T shirt which 'didn't work out'.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The After Hours After Party was a lot of fun, and it got better when Michael, Wade, and Tom stopped in. Scott Crago got there before they did and took off as soon as he got his Sprite. Did we scare him? Probably...

This morning, we saw Michael as we went out to breakfast (HH, her DH, and I), then saw Wade at the restaurant. Using the Wifi in the lobby later, we saw them all come out and get on their bus. Yes, Steph, even Will!

OK, I might write more later (I'm supposed to be working), but let's move on the proof that Glenn was once again HS&G.
    You saw my darling Will.....now I am SO .
    How I'd love to see Will 'the morning after'.......(after a show that is, what else would I mean? )

When I saw the Eagles in Glasgow in 2009 some of the band were in the hotel bar(Mike, Scott, Steuart, and a couple of the horns guys along with lots of road crew etc) but Will wasn't with them then either - maybe he's not much of a drinker!! Or perhaps he was just tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Thanks for the lovely photos; how embarrassing though to have two dates printed on a T shirt which 'didn't work out'.
    Wade the bassist claims they are now the ultimate of collector's items, kind of like a "dime that has been minted incorrectly". His words.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Take It Easy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxwem0kPmEM[/ame]

Peaceful Easy Feeling

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcFQiAsPlY[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    My wife and I were at the show last night as we live in NJ and this was a fairly easy trek to make. We hadn't been to any kind of a live concert in over a year so this was a real treat. Glenn did not disappoint and while I was hoping for a few more upbeat tunes, the 20 song set he played was more than we could've hoped for.

Some of the things he did were among the best performances I'd ever seen by him (alone or with Eagles). HIghlights for us were 1)After Hours, 2)The One You Love (which was drop dead amazing!), 3)Smuggler's Blues (I like the more rocking version better, but this bluesier one worked well too), 4)Take It to The Limit and 5)The Buffalo Springfield's "On The Way Home" which I know is the best version I've heard of that by anyone. He really owned and I hope it shows up on that dvd set due next year.

I was amazed at how well Glenn sang, expecially since he appeared to have a cold of allergy issue. Doing a 105 set on your own without others to share vocals with is tough and he handled it perfectly. There were a few pretty noticeable pitch issues (most notably at the very beginning of "Caroline No" and throughout "You Belong To The City" where it appeared that he was having a tough time getting some of the high notes), but aside from these, I was so impressed by his vocal work.

In summation, this was one of the best shows I've seen a very long time. Glenn really is a professional!
    Hi SS, I'm a fellow New Jerseyan...how'd ya like that traffic yesterday?

I actually didn't notice the pitch issues, but I do agree that Glenn does avoid the high notes and takes it down a notch. Although I had never heard the song before, I absolutely agree that Buffalo Springfield's "On the Way Home" was the highlight of the show for me. The horn sound was so strong in that song, I guess I found it reminiscent of the shore music (think Jukes), and I just connected with it...AWESOME! I also really loved Bacharach's "The Look of Love." My other faves were "Caroline No," "The One You Love," the new jazzy arrangement of "The Heat is On," and "Tequila Sunrise."

Yep, that's about right.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Question Re: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Glad you all had a great Time! Thank for The Review and The amazing photos.

Thanks for The videos.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I promised Nancy I would mention the NJ-specific banter Glenn joked about during the early part of his show, somewhere around the time he sang "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Tequila Sunrise." He had been reminiscing about the Eagles' early hits, and commented about the "days when the Eagles couldn't get arrested in Manhattan." (This is the only part of the reference I didn't get...can anyone enlighten me??) Anyway, he went on to say that back in those days, when they had Max's Kansas City and CBGB's in NYC, there was a famous venue in NJ called the Capitol Theater in Passaic. (An aside from 'moi'–the Capitol was a concert hall in the 70's and 80's that featured legendary performances by a host of major musicians–the Boss, Grateful Dead, and more. Apparently, the house video system produced quite a few high-quality B&W concert bootlegs back in the day.) Glenn said that when the Eagles played the Capitol, he can remember a bunch of young guys in Pendleton shirts (I'm assuming preppy?) who yelled out, "Tell us about the desert!" He shouted back to them something to the effect of, "I can't tell you about it. There's nothing to say...you just have to be there!"

I had also never heard the intro to the Buffalo Springfield song (obviously, since I had never heard the song before), in which Glenn said that he was paying tribute to the pioneers–those songwriters who came before the Eagles. He said that those musical pioneers allowed the Eagles to become the settlers, and hang out performing successfully for so many years.

Even though I was concerned about Glenn's allergic reaction on stage, I thought it was humorous how he really wanted to wipe his nose on his sleeve! When he finally got his box of tissues brought out to him, it was funny how he backhanded the tissue towards the musicians, kind of how David Letterman used to chuck the pencil toward the fake windows behind his desk. (I haven't watched him in years, so I can't verify if he still does this.)

Finally, the opening joke of the evening for me occurred from a "fan" I was initially sitting next to. Unfortunately, I had purchased my ticket prior to realizing I should have checked the Border to see who else might be attending the show. Consequently, I was sitting in a completely different section from all the wonderful Border friends at the show. (I am so thankful I go to meet you all, eat like lightning, and drink with the musicians)! Anyway, at the show, I started out next to 2 forty-somethings and their silver-haired mother. And Nana felt like talking. She kept talking and talking and talking, about general NJ topics. Finally, as the lights dimmed and the show was about to start, she said to me..."Who is this, now? Ben Frey??" I kid you not. I could barely stifle my laughter. I guess her son forgot to inform her when he gave her the ticket for Mother's Day (or whatever). It turns out Nana really grooved when Glenn hit the oldies, so I know she enjoyed the show. Thankfully, I was able to move up quite a few rows about a third of the way into the concert.
    ~Eva~