Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Default Re: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Thanks for the comments, EV. The phrase "couldn't get arrested" somewhere generally means that no one pays any attention to you at all in that location, no matter what you do. I have a friend who uses that expression a lot.

Also, one of my co- workers went to see the Eagles at the Capitol Theater in Passaic back in the early '70s. I wonder if he was at the concert you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Thanks for the comments, EV. The phrase "couldn't get arrested" somewhere generally means that no one pays any attention to you at all in that location, no matter what you do. I have a friend who uses that expression a lot.
    I think he is also alluding to the fact that he and Don have both been arrested. I remember seeing a clip of one of the Eagles' concerts in Europe that they did during the LROOE tour. Glenn said that they were popular in Europe before they could even get arrested in the US. Then he said something like "but that's another story". LOL

This isn't my favorite Glenn era but, is it just me or is there something very hot about this photo?

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    (I had the catbird seat, so to speak, right next to Wade, so I was able to catch nearly every word

Yes, EV -- you did have the catbird seat, but do you remember what you said when we first got back to the hotel bar? "I can't stay long because I have to go to work early tomorrow." Fastforward two hours later and you hadn't even thought about leaving! I thought your A$$ was velcroed to that barstool, and I give you kudos for hanging out late and STILL getting to work on time.

Border Rebel

Hi SS, I'm a fellow New Jerseyan...how'd ya like that traffic yesterday?

I actually didn't notice the pitch issues, but I do agree that Glenn does avoid the high notes and takes it down a notch. Although I had never heard the song before, I absolutely agree that Buffalo Springfield's "On the Way Home" was the highlight of the show for me. The horn sound was so strong in that song, I guess I found it reminiscent of the shore music (think Jukes), and I just connected with it...AWESOME! I also really loved Bacharach's "The Look of Love." My other faves were "Caroline No," "The One You Love," the new jazzy arrangement of "The Heat is On," and "Tequila Sunrise."

Yep, that's about right.
    Hi Eaglesvet....Believe it or not, we hit no traffic at all until we got into Englewood and that was just a mess. We also got lost trying to get home due to all of those pesty one way streets. Even the GPS was no help!

The Buffalo Springfield song was originally sung by Richie Furay on the album and Glenn's version was totally faithful to that one, but there is an acoustic version on CSN&Y's FOUR WAY STREET album with just vocals and acoustic guitars that's really neat. Neil Young sounded more earnest singing it than Furay ever did, to my ears.

Sorry they are so blurry. I'll do a better job at Foxwoods

This one is for Wade, because I promised.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Sorry they are so blurry. I'll do a better job at Foxwoods
    Oooooh! Bragger..........!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Henley Honey, those photos are great. I love Glenn's expressions, the last one particularly.

Stuck on the Border

Wade the bassist claims they are now the ultimate of collector's items, kind of like a "dime that has been minted incorrectly". His words.
    I did think about that, actually; it will be an honour to get one of these shirts if they are selling them in LA.

I love how you say so casually 'Wade the bassist'..... you're an insider!

HH, thank you for those. I am a sucker for the 'hand on mic' photos.