Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Border Rebel

Default Re: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

I was at both the May 18th 1973 and May 19th 1974 shows. That first one was the best concert I've ever been to and I still have vivid memories of it now. The second wasn't as good. Felder had just joined the band and I remember his lead guitar parts were so loud that he drowned out Glenn and Bernie much of the time, although I did appreciate the edge he brought to the band.

Wow - how amazing it must have been to see them back then before they were big. If you ever want to post some of your memories in the Eagles review forum, feel free. I'd love to hear more and I daresay I'm not the only one.

Nice to see you again, BTW. It's been forever!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

Thanks, Soda. It's good to be back. I saw every show the Eagles played at the Capitol Theater. I believe the last time they played there was again in May, 1975 right before ONE OF THESE NIGHTS was released. In fact, they did two shows in one night that time with Dan Fogelberg as the opening act. They also played the Capitol in December of 1973 during which they played new songs, some of which made it to ON THE BORDER and a few that drifted off into obscurity. After 1975, they moved on to the stadiums and it they toured less frequently. I saw them in Jersey City Stadium in 1976 with Joe Walsh in the band (I believe he had just joined around the time of this gig). It was a whole lot more fun going to see the band when the tickets were cheaper and a lot easier to come by!

I also appreciated the fact that there were no additional musicians with them. It was the four, or later, five of them and they did just fine without the embellishments.

Those were cool reminiscences! I vaguely remember hearing about the Jersey City Stadium when I was growing up, while the Capitol was so much more famous.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...