Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timothy in Austin 5/22

Default Timothy in Austin 5/22

Just had a FB message from friends in Austin who caught the show lastnight...on the heels of a trip to Bangalore, India for the Indigo Blues & Jazz Fest (where Robbie played with Bobby Whitlock). They got back to Austin at 11 p.m. Monday night but even after all those hours in the air on the return flight, I knew Robbie would be at Timothy's show, no matter what! Rob is a killer bass player himself so this was a dream-come-true for him...hasn't seen Timothy live since his Poco days!

From my friend Robbie on FB:
    Feels so great to be back in ATX. Caught the Timothy Schmit show tonight at the Parish. Killer show. Got to meet him after the show. Beat a traffic ticket for driving like I was in NYC. Life couldn`t be any better, To be in the presents of Mark Andes & Timothy Schmit in this great town, I could die tomorrow and be a happy dude.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Default Re: Timothy in Austin 5/22

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Just had a FB message from friends in Austin who caught the show lastnight...on the heels of a trip to Bangalore, India for the Indigo Blues & Jazz Fest (where Robbie played with Bobby Whitlock). They got back to Austin at 11 p.m. Monday night but even after all those hours in the air on the return flight, I knew Robbie would be at Timothy's show, no matter what! Rob is a killer bass player himself so this was a dream-come-true for him...hasn't seen Timothy live since his Poco days!
    got to meet him...what the he....need details please

A video from the Austin Show!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zaa63SAwmQ[/ame]

Thank you, thank you.

Love when Tim's encouraging the audience to sing-along, but I do wish the mindless jerks would stop whooping and hollering while he's singing. Really makes me want to go

And don't get me started on people who sit and talk all the way through a performance.......!

I can't see the video, It's blocked,

I'm waiting to hear backfrom Robbie & Lisa regaWillrding the show and how they happened to get the 'meet'. Lisa is totally bummed because her camera died and not only did her pictures from the show fly into the netherworld (she is TOTALLY pi--ed because she said she got a great shot of Rob with Timothy) but she lost a ton of pictures from their trip to India as well. Will provide details as they become available.

In the meantime. a friend of theirs in Austin is a professional photographer who covered the show and he's getting pictures up as quickly as he can. I was going to copy them over here but it's easier to just put up his link.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Jim.Chapin.Photography

Victim of Love

I was very excited to see some sweet TB this morning but it's blocked...

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    I'm waiting to hear backfrom Robbie & Lisa regaWillrding the show and how they happened to get the 'meet'. Lisa is totally bummed because her camera died and not only did her pictures from the show fly into the netherworld (she is TOTALLY pi--ed because she said she got a great shot of Rob with Timothy) but she lost a ton of pictures from their trip to India as well. Will provide details as they become available.

In the meantime. a friend of theirs in Austin is a professional photographer who covered the show and he's getting pictures up as quickly as he can. I was going to copy them over here but it's easier to just put up his link.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Jim.Chapin.Photography
    oh sweet Timothy...the one where he has a grin on his face...to die for....I'm also now in love with Jim Chapin

I'm still trying to figure out the "wind-blown look" photo! But Jim really did caputre some incredible moments.

By the way, I couldn't watch the video either.

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    A video from the Austin Show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zaa63SAwmQ
    Thanks, I can see the video, Love it!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)