Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 26th Wiltern Theatre LA

Default Re: May 26th Wiltern Theatre LA

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    WOOT!!! Can't wait to see them!!
    Neither can I!!!

Can't wait to see the photos!

Soda, Thanks for your first impressions of the show!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Everyone, I just wish to share that I was seated in Floor B where Cindy, Jack and other invited guests were seated and that as Glenn gave a shout out to the people in Floor B I felt honoured that I was there. I glanced at Cindy when he dedicated For Sentimental Reasons to her and when Otis was playing on YBTTC.

I cant say much now but the absolute highlights were the epic (Glenn,s word) Here's To Life, the jazz THIO which was extraordinary and also the way he moved during Route 66. -All day GA and I have been talking about the way he slid his hand into his pocket. It was just sexy, thats all. For me watching him stand and sing for so long unemcumbered by a guitar was wonderful. I am so glad I was there, it was an absolute privilege. More when I get home!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Everyone, I just wish to share that I was seated in Floor B where Cindy, Jack and other invited guests were seated and that as Glenn gave a shout out to the people in Floor B I felt honoured that I was there. I glanced at Cindy when he dedicated For Sentimental Reasons to her and when Otis was playing on YBTTC.

I cant say much now but the absolute highlights were the epic (Glenn,s word) Here's To Life, the jazz THIO which was extraordinary and also the way he moved during Route 66. -All day GA and I have been talking about the way he slid his hand into his pocket. It was just sexy, thats all. For me watching him stand and sing for so long unemcumbered by a guitar was wonderful. I am so glad I was there, it was an absolute privilege. More when I get home!
    This mannerism had to be seen. This was NOT a guy just putting his hand in his pocket. He knew exactly what he was doing.............. Say no more.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    This mannerism had to be seen. This was NOT a guy just putting his hand in his pocket. He knew exactly what he was doing.............. Say no more.....
    The imagination is going into overdrive!

So glad you all had such a wonderful time. Big and safe travels to you all. Looking forward to hearing more when you've all rested up!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I had to get online while my friend was asleep to check out the board! I have to say that I don't know what GA and FP are talking about... I guess he put his hand in his pocket although I didn't take special note of it, but what is the significance of that? He had sexy moves of course, but I think he just moves that way naturally. What do you mean "he knew exactly what he was doing" GA? I'm completely clueless here!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Guess what Gelnn Frey? You can't sing any longer. I was very disappointed in your Wiltern show. I knew from the very first verse of Peaceful Easy Feeling that your done.

Forty five minutes of your "After Hours" lounge music almost put me to sleep! And how dare you even attempt to try to sing a Lena Horne song - geesh!.

Best part of the show was your last three songs.

I would suggest you try to get the band together for a real show.

Quote Originally Posted by BurtBiggins View Post
    Guess what Gelnn Frey? You can't sing any longer. I was very disappointed in your Wiltern show. I knew from the very first verse of Peaceful Easy Feeling that your done.

Forty five minutes of your "After Hours" lounge music almost put me to sleep! And how dare you even attempt to try to sing a Lena Horne song - geesh!.

Best part of the show was your last three songs.

I would suggest you try to get the band together for a real show.

WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU GO????????????

Sorry you didn't enjoy the show, but you joined this board just to say that?!

Ah well, haters gonna hate.

BTW pet peeve of mine - it's "you're done" not "your done."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten