Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

Default Re: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

If you can't watch it for any reason, the CMT website will have the full episode available online after it has aired.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Default Re: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

Really looking forward to it!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

There was some great moments on this. Joe seemed to enjoy it very much. Had a few scenes where he and the others were sitting around a table, talking about music. Brad Paisly (he's VERY good) n Joe had a great time on RMW, that was very great. Hunter is a lil cutie, Joe asked him if he was freakin' out and he said "yeah" but he's quite the performer, lot of promise for this kid. Joe laughed at him a lot. I'm not personally a Chesney fan, but he does admire Joe, so he can't be all bad. Their song together was nice too. Luke somebody (sorry, don't know my country) did alright, but Joe was sizzlin'. The duet with Sara was very pretty, lots of big smiles. The closer was Billy Gibbons, could've watched these 2 sling at each other for awhile longer, but they had to make time for those endless commercials.....
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    There was some great moments on this. Joe seemed to enjoy it very much. Had a few scenes where he and the others were sitting around a table, talking about music. Brad Paisly (he's VERY good) n Joe had a great time on RMW, that was very great. Hunter is a lil cutie, Joe asked him if he was freakin' out and he said "yeah" but he's quite the performer, lot of promise for this kid. Joe laughed at him a lot. I'm not personally a Chesney fan, but he does admire Joe, so he can't be all bad. Their song together was nice too. Luke somebody (sorry, don't know my country) did alright, but Joe was sizzlin'. The duet with Sara was very pretty, lots of big smiles. The closer was Billy Gibbons, could've watched these 2 sling at each other for awhile longer, but they had to make time for those endless commercials.....
    the only thing that would have made it better is if it had been two hours long!!

I loved it! My favorite performance was LITFL with Billy Gibbons, and 2nd favorite was RMW with Brad Paisley. Least favorite was ITC with Hunter Hayes. His voice doesn't do much for me. I pretty much liked all of the rest though but that performance didn't do much for me. For one thing, he reminds me too much of Justin Bieber with his voice. Guitar playing was good though - just didn't like his voice. All in all it was excellent and wish it would have been longer with longer interviews. Maybe some more classic rockers too and Keith Urban.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 06-24-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

After watching the show, I have to say that I like Joe doing these songs alone a lot better than I liked him with these country singers. I didn't feel that they added anything to the songs to make them better. I liked Brad Paisley the best, the rest I could have done without. Overall, none of them could make it as an Eagle. I felt several people like Kenney Chesney & Luke ??? didn't even really sing the songs. "Best of my Love" with Sara Evans didn't do it for me. She sang most of the song & I don't really feel that this song is a great fit for Joe's voice.
    Second favorite was 'LITFL" with Billy Gibbons, but if I'm not mistaken, I think Joe messed up on some of the lyrics.
    It was fun to watch, but it was just OK for me.

Darn, I meant to watch, but I wasn't able to get home in time & I forgot to set the PVR. Maybe they will repeat it sometime.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

There's probably a link where you can watch this online. I'm gonna search when I get more time. I sure hope so cause I missed it too!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It wasn't on CMT in Canada! and so far the CMT website videos seem to be only available in the US so... here's hoping the show turns up elsewhere!

ETA: the show is now up on the CMT website but as I thought it is only available for viewing in the USA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Everyone listen, because I'm only going to say it ONE time---- I enjoyed watching Joe with all those (gulp) country stars. Seriously, I did enjoy the show but really glad he sings the songs all by himself more. My favorite, was of course, the Billy Gibbons duet but did enjoy Best Of My Love also with whoever she was (sorry). The Kenny Chesney duet wasn't half bad either. Joe is so freaking cool!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low