Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

I posted in another thread about this, but will put it here too.

I watched the Sneak Peek and enjoyed it ok. I really prefer Joe doing his songs himself. I liked Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney's. I'm wondering why Joe and Sara Evans did BOML. They did ok, but why a Don song? Just didn't fit for me. I liked Billy Gibbons on LITFL best, but I thought Joe messed up a line there too! Too funny!

So, I haven't had time to watch the actual show, but wonder how it was different from the Sneak Peek? Both were an hour long.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    It wasn't on CMT in Canada! and so far the CMT website videos seem to be only available in the US so... here's hoping the show turns up elsewhere!

ETA: the show is now up on the CMT website but as I thought it is only available for viewing in the USA
    Thanks, tf. I never did get a chance to check that out & I was afraid that that might be the case. It seems to me that we wanted to view some thing on the CMT website before regarding the Eagles, but it wasn't available in Canada.

Here's the link to the full show, for those of you who can watch it.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossr...-episode.jhtml

I really enjoyed most of the show. I couldn't take my eyes off of Joe. He SMILED a lot! He usually doesn't smile very often during Eagle concerts.

Typical Joe, as he's describing to Brad Paisley how he wrote RMW, he can't stand still! He continuously rocks back and forth like a child. I'm not sure if this is an act or if Joe just does it subconsciously. But as soon as he starts playing, he looks so comfortable in his own skin! It's so fun to watch Joe play with his glass slide! And Brad plays a pretty mean guitar too.

I liked In The City with Hunter Hayes (who I'd never heard of before). ITC is one of my favorite Joe songs, and I like the way this kid harmonized on it. In fact, that's what I liked most about this whole show - it featured harmonizing on songs that don't normally have it. Watch how the kid keeps looking adoringly at Joe's guitar playing. So cute!

I was so glad to hear Lucky That Way done on the show (with Kenny Chesney), because it's a new song and it's a country song. Liked the part where Kenny is telling the "Hey, I'm freakin' out!" story and Joe says that's the only two times he ever said that. And the smile Joe gives after Kenny sings the line "I've got a palm tree and a swimming pool" is priceless! Best smile of the night! (note to self - get a cap of that smile and make it your avatar).

I didn't think I'd be too keen on BOML with Sara Evans, but one good thing came of it for me...finally, after all this time, I heard Joe singing harmony. I mean, I heard him singing his part! I've always tried to hear Joe's parts in Eagles songs, but never could. Interestingly, when they get to the second verse, neither one of them is singing the lead (Don's) part.

Life's Been Good with Luke Bryan (never heard of him either) was my least favorite. I didn't like Luke singing an octave lower - didn't work for me. But he clearly adores Joe.

LITFL with Billy Gibbons was great. The song even has that ZZ Top beat. Clearly, I like Don's vocal on this song more than Joe's, but Joe gives it an interesting twist. Glad I got a chance to re-watch the end online, because the DVR cut it short. (I hate when that happens.)

Okay, going to change my avatar now....
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Everyone listen, because I'm only going to say it ONE time---- I enjoyed watching Joe with all those (gulp) country stars. Seriously, I did enjoy the show but really glad he sings the songs all by himself more. My favorite, was of course, the Billy Gibbons duet but did enjoy Best Of My Love also with whoever she was (sorry). The Kenny Chesney duet wasn't half bad either. Joe is so freaking cool!!!
    sara evans...

it was a great show