Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Niagara Falls 8-16-07, 8-17-07

Welcome Glenn's Girl.

I love NFA too. That Girl is one of my favorites on NFA. NFA and Strange Weather are probably tied as my favorite Glenn solo albums.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I love That Girl as well. Actually, I like every song on NFA - it's almost tied with Strange Weather as my favorite solo album. However, my favorite of all the ballads on the album is I Volunteer. I just melt everytime I hear it.
    Oooh, you and me both, Dreamer... His voice is amazing on that song!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Mrs. F, I'm afraid I can't take credit for the slang expression - it's really common in America. But I feel it does fit him, lol.

Zermie - I think I saw a transcription of the triangle part for That Girl on Ebay for $9.99 - you better hurry and get it before someone else snatches it up. But be careful about sniping - triangle players can get downright vicious. I think it comes from that whole "my instrument isn't as big as yours" complex.

Dreamer - his voice when he sings "But you still don't know, you don't that it's me who really loves you so desperately" has such anguish in it that it makes me go "aw" every time! And No Fun Aloud is right up there with Strange Weather for me, too - a close second.
    Highlight 1: Well, Soda, even though it's not unique to you, I will always think of you in the future when I hear it!

Highlight 2: LOL, Soda!

Highlight 3: I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who absolutely adores "I Volunteer". It's just beautiful, and Glenn's guitar solo is particularly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Zermie, I swear I will think of you the next time I listen to that triangle part in That Girl.

I rather like the 'oooh I'm gonna love her till my (pause) dyin' day' part followed by the rather sensual 'yeah'. I'll stop now.
    You don't have to stop, FP - I know exactly what you mean... it gets to me every time too... I really like the new "gushing" you! The Eagles need to produce new albums more often - it has a liberating effect on you!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Definitely too much blushing smileys here...

Oops, now I forgot what I was going to write... ok, let me just welcome the new member. Glenn's Girl, have a good time on The Border. I'm sure you'll love it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn's Girl
    I was sitting in the centre floor section about fifty metres from the stage. It wasn't the front row but it was close enough to enjoy the view!
    Wasn't that a fantastic venue GG? I was looking around before the show and thought there wasn't a bad seat in the house. Not to mention I have never sat in such a comfortable seat at a rock concert. lol And the view! I think we are all in agreement regarding just how great that view is.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Zermie, I swear I will think of you the next time I listen to that triangle part in That Girl.

I rather like the 'oooh I'm gonna love her till my (pause) dyin' day' part followed by the rather sensual 'yeah'. I'll stop now.
    You don't have to stop, FP - I know exactly what you mean... it gets to me every time too... I really like the new "gushing" you! The Eagles need to produce new albums more often - it has a liberating effect on you!
    That made me smile MF. I can't gush very well. I think it all but (quote) it's so hard to say.

I haven't weighed in on I Volunteer yet. I love it to death. It is beautifully sung.

See, I told you I couldn't gush very well.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

You did it very well, FP. I like to read when you lose the control of yourself a bit.

That made me smile MF. I can't gush very well. I think it all but (quote) it's so hard to say.

I haven't weighed in on I Volunteer yet. I love it to death. It is beautifully sung.
    See, I told you I couldn't gush very well.
    I beg to differ, FP. You're extremely good at gushing! I could not have expressed the beauty of the song better than that. Carry on!

I agree with EF - I also enjoy it when you "get a little out of control".

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn's Girl
    I was sitting in the centre floor section about fifty metres from the stage. It wasn't the front row but it was close enough to enjoy the view!
    Wasn't that a fantastic venue GG? I was looking around before the show and thought there wasn't a bad seat in the house. Not to mention I have never sat in such a comfortable seat at a rock concert. lol And the view! I think we are all in agreement regarding just how great that view is.
    I enjoyed that, PLS! Well, the view is pretty good on my DVDs, so I can just imagine how good it is live. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...