Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keswick Theatre Philadelphia May 31, 2012

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Keswick Theatre Philadelphia May 31, 2012

JAHH

While I tend to live in the moment and really enjoy my concerts as they occur, I am greatful to relive them over and over again each time I reread
    your concert reviews .

I have been lucky enough to see Don, Joe, Glenn
    and TBS in solo concerts as well as after waiting all
    my life seeing the wonderful group, The Eagles three
    times in one year as well as two of those in one week

(LOL what a vaca!!)

I am also the lucky gal who has met, been huged and
    had her picture taken with Scott Crago , Will Hollis
    and Stuart Smith.

SO thanks for the wonderful times and memories.
    Bling is sweet but when u have a shared memory of
    fun times, well that's the best.

Tiffanny Twisted

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Aw, TT, that's so sweet!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

What a lovely sentiment!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

As TBS himself would say, "This is really cosmic!"

I just have a couple of observations I would like to share. I would like to thank all of my friends here on the Border who jumped to my defense. I actually liked the critical post by "UK TimFan". Anytime I strike a nerve with someone, I feel a sense of acccomplishment.

I have been posting on this site for quite a while. I have learned through experience (like the time I misspelled "Glenn" when I wrote about an Eagles concert) that the most devoted Eagles fans in the world can be found on the Border, and if you screw something up, they will let you know in a heartbeat. I salute our moderator, Sodascouts,for what she has accomplished with this web site. She is a beautiful lady with an incredible vision and foresight.

But let me get back on point. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Even my own wife, Tiffanny Twisted, ripped me for the mistake. She has a "thing " for Glen oops, I mean Glenn (there I go again). She also ripped me because I put the post up with a typo in it, I left an "o" out of Expando. O well...

I realized the error the day after I put up the post. I was going to correct it but I have now decided to let it stand. When you enjoy writing as much as I do it is gratifying to know people are reading your work.

I am a huge Eagles fan. I play the guitar as a hobby and my favorite Eagle is Joe Walsh. That being said, I like them all and all their music. I don't know all the song titles (that is why I asked the guy on stage for the set list). But I do enjoy sharing my concert experiences. I do so because many times in the past after attending a great show, I was always frustrated by the lack of the written word about it the day after. If you want something done, do it yourself.

I really appreciate UK TimFan's comments and thank him/her for offering them. I am not a journalist, just an enthusiastic fan trying to share a good time with others. I have had the privledge of meeting several of the lovely ladies that post here on The Border and have hung out them after some of the shows. The web site is making the world a little smaller one show at a time.

Likewise, I would like to some day meet UK TimFan and hang out. By the way, UK TimFan, congratulations on the golden jubilee, celebrated by Her Majesty. It was featured on the network news tonight and it looks like it was a fabulous event. God bless the Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    valid points from TimFan and TBFan...maybe that's a particular pet peeve of UKTimfan's...I don't know...so she overreacted...Ioverreact when I see his name spelled wrong...I want to jump all over the person...maybe I'm way off base...only UKTimfan knows I guess...Obviously we are all Timothy fans here...I'd like to think she meant no harm and did not realize her post would cause a furor! as Timothy would say..."it's all good"
    Thank you for your post Zelda.
    Journalists have been berated on this forum when they've got facts wrong and spelt names incorrectly. (Including Tim's )
    I just felt that fans should know the titles of his songs. Though, as timfan pointed out, I did fail to make allowances for the different 'degrees' of Tim fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    As TBS himself would say, "This is really cosmic!"

I just have a couple of observations I would like to share. I would like to thank all of my friends here on the Border who jumped to my defense. I actually liked the critical post by "UK TimFan". Anytime I strike a nerve with someone, I feel a sense of acccomplishment.
    I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not!
    I have been posting on this site for quite a while. I have learned through experience (like the time I misspelled "Glenn" when I wrote about an Eagles concert) that the most devoted Eagles fans in the world can be found on the Border, and if you screw something up, they will let you know in a heartbeat. I salute our moderator, Sodascouts,for what she has accomplished with this web site. She is a beautiful lady with an incredible vision and foresight.

But let me get back on point. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Even my own wife, Tiffanny Twisted, ripped me for the mistake. She has a "thing " for Glen oops, I mean Glenn (there I go again). She also ripped me because I put the post up with a typo in it, I left an "o" out of Expando. O well...

I realized the error the day after I put up the post. I was going to correct it but I have now decided to let it stand. When you enjoy writing as much as I do it is gratifying to know people are reading your work.

I am a huge Eagles fan. I play the guitar as a hobby and my favorite Eagle is Joe Walsh. That being said, I like them all and all their music. I don't know all the song titles (that is why I asked the guy on stage for the set list). But I do enjoy sharing my concert experiences. I do so because many times in the past after attending a great show, I was always frustrated by the lack of the written word about it the day after. If you want something done, do it yourself.

I really appreciate UK TimFan's comments and thank him/her for offering them. I am not a journalist, just an enthusiastic fan trying to share a good time with others. I have had the privledge of meeting several of the lovely ladies that post here on The Border and have hung out them after some of the shows. The web site is making the world a little smaller one show at a time.
    Thank you JAHH.
    It wasn't my intention to offend anyone, but I guess I just got a little over-protective about 'my' song. 'The shadow' has always been my favourite Tim song - to the extent that when he opened with it in London I cried.

Likewise, I would like to some day meet UK TimFan and hang out. By the way, UK TimFan, congratulations on the golden jubilee, celebrated by Her Majesty. It was featured on the network news tonight and it looks like it was a fabulous event. God bless the Queen!
    It's a date - and if it involves Tim so much the better.

I'm pleased you enjoyed watching the diamond (60 years) jubilee celebrations. It was a fantastic weekend, but would have been even better with some sunshine instead of the traditional British rain. It rained on Coronation Day, though we did have sunshine for the Silver Jubilee because I was in the Mall that day - with everyone cheering everything that went past including the dustcarts collecting the horse manure! Great atmosphere.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

JAHH and TT, you sound like a really fun couple! JAHH, thank you for your wonderful review and subsequent observations. You really brought your concert experience into the homes (in my case the kitchen) of those of us who have not been lucky enough to catch TBS live yet. I sincerely hope some day I DO manage to do that, along with my daughter, the devoted TimTot!

TT, you have JAHH well trained - handing that pick over to you immediately! And I have a 'thing' for Glenn too! Maybe some day we can catch up with each other at a Glenn gig?

UKTF, glad you enjoyed the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. I watched the flotilla on Sunday afternoon, and yes, it was a bit rainy alright. Still I'm sure it didn't dampen the spirits of the British Public. I too remember the Silver Jubilee (showing my age...... I was only a kiddie then) and the wonderful sunshine that accompanied it that year.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP