Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keswick Theatre Philadelphia May 31, 2012

Default Re: Keswick Theatre Philadelphia May 31, 2012

Nice review but......
    It might be the first song on the album but it's called 'The shadow' NOT 'Feed the fire'.

That's the sort of mistake which should only be made by ignorant journalists who haven't done their homework. Not by alleged Timothy fans.

"alleged" Timothy fans? What's that supposed to mean?

Again, JAHH, thank you for the great deal of time you spent on the review and please ignore the ugly, judgmental comment that one person felt the need to make. Somehow, I don't think Timothy would be applauding her response to such a positive review of his show either... All the compliments of his work she skipped over when she questioned whether you were truly a fan! Yeah, I'm sure that's what he would want people to focus on when reading your review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Great review JAHH, almost felt like I was there with you!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us and as was mentioned please pay no mind to the individual who only wishes to focus on the negative.

Thanks for the details of the show you saw. My experience was very similar. The set list was the same, but the conversation was a bit different. While in NY he mentioned the many times he had been here & played here in many venues that he mentioned by name.
    The one thing that I did notice about him, is that he never uses a pick while playing either bass or acoustic guitar. I was right in front of him, & I was watching to see if he would use one, but I noticed that he didn't, which didn't really surprise me, because I had never seen him use one.
    BYW, I had the same experience with the set list. I guess one would think there was more than one, right

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

JAHH, thanks so much for your wonderful review! It sounds like you had a great time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    "alleged" Timothy fans? What's that supposed to mean?

Again, JAHH, thank you for the great deal of time you spent on the review and please ignore the ugly, judgmental comment that one person felt the need to make. Somehow, I don't think Timothy would be applauding her response to such a positive review of his show either... All the compliments of his work she skipped over when she questioned whether you were truly a fan! Yeah, I'm sure that's what he would want people to focus on when reading your review!
    It simply means that if someone says they're a Timothy fan then they should know the correct title of the song.

As regards the actual review I did start my post by saying 'nice review'. That might sound a little lukewarm in praise, and perhaps 'interesting' might have been a better adjective, as it is interesting to read of the different things Tim says and also the different things that people pick up on during his shows, as compared to what happened in the show I saw in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    The one thing that I did notice about him, is that he never uses a pick while playing either bass or acoustic guitar. I was right in front of him, & I was watching to see if he would use one, but I noticed that he didn't, which didn't really surprise me, because I had never seen him use one.
    This being a perfect example of the different things different people notice.

loved your review JAHH...I'm always amazed at how detailed and coherent people's thoughts are after a concert...I'm still in a Timothy B fog after seeing him last week...

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    It simply means that if someone says they're a Timothy fan then they should know the correct title of the song.
    I don't think it's for you or anyone else to judge what makes a "Timothy fan". A TBS fan could be someone who only knows Timothy's Eagles music and knows nothing of his solo work or they could know all his solo work extensively along with his Eagles and Poco material, or many alternatives in between. All are valid fans of Timothy's. Also just because a person makes a slight error they needn't be ridiculed for it ( as people do make mistakes)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    To be fair, I think the Shadow is one of those songs that very easily could be mistaken as a song called Feed The Fire. I mean that is the lyric he repeats over and over in it. And, if I remember right, listening to it over and over again when new, I probably did it myself when the Feed the Fire cd first came out. And no one had better EVER call me an "alleged" Timothy B Schmit fan.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

valid points from TimFan and TBFan...maybe that's a particular pet peeve of UKTimfan's...I don't know...so she overreacted...I overreact when I see his name spelled wrong...I want to jump all over the person...maybe I'm way off base...only UKTimfan knows I guess...Obviously we are all Timothy fans here...I'd like to think she meant no harm and did not realize her post would cause a furor! as Timothy would say..."it's all good"