Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
I actually bought this album twice. I bought a Japanese release, very nicely packaged but mainly because it had extra tracks (total 14) then a few months later it was re-released with even more tracks (17).

The 17 track version has got the track timings all over the place. Some tracks end very abruptly (no fade out), Midnight Rain has 40 seconds of silence after it finishes.

I hope this isn't Randy's last album. Sadly, his post Eagles career has been a procession of failed projects.
These releases and re-releases are kind of confusing. According to Discogs, the Rev-Ola music label released a 15-track version which does not include "Midnight Rain" or "When the Dam Breaks." The Sonic Past music label, owned by Randy's friend Joey Stec, released a 17-track version that includes MR and WTDB. These releases occurred in 2004 and 2003 respectively. It was my understanding there are no timing issues/glitches with the Rev-Ola album (I haven't heard it myself). I'm guessing any Japanese releases may have re-mastered the sound but not messed with the original timing. Could it have to do with fitting 17 songs on an LP?

I wouldn't consider all of Randy's solo projects as "failed." Both his solo albums in the 80s charted on the Top 200 and made it to the top 100. He had top 40 hits from both of those albums. He was popular enough to have toured in Japan. Various artists from major acts like KISS, The Rolling Stones, The Who etc. not to mention more current bands had less commercial success when they went solo. Of course in my view he should made it much bigger given his talent. It's a shame he didn't do any music videos to give him critical exposure.