Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Celebration of "Love Me Or Leave Me Alone"

Default Re: Celebration of "Love Me Or Leave Me Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Thanks for that, Delilah, I really enjoyed it! I only wish I could bring the vocal forward. I don't know the technical term, but when someone has a voice like that, you want it as clear and close as possible!
    You’re welcome, FF, I’m glad you liked the song.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Happy anniversary! Glad we got his album - has a lot of treasures on it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy 16th Anniversary to Love Me or Leave Me Alone!!

A few days late here but Randy’s last album release warrants some recognition. So many questions about this one and so few answers. Anyway, here is one track that I truly believe would have been a hit with some editing and clean-up and a proper release. Based on the vocals it sounds like it was recorded in the mid to late 80s (compare to how he sounds on Poco’s Legacy album).

“One Less Fool” (songwriter: R. Meisner) -

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It’s a great song!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

I am late with this, but I just realized I had the release date for this album entered wrong on the board calendar. It was a week later, but I corrected it now. Thanks for the video, Delilah. Randy is rockin' it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Happy 16th Anniversary to Love Me or Leave Me Alone!!

A few days late here but Randy’s last album release warrants some recognition. So many questions about this one and so few answers. Anyway, here is one track that I truly believe would have been a hit with some editing and clean-up and a proper release. Based on the vocals it sounds like it was recorded in the mid to late 80s (compare to how he sounds on Poco’s Legacy album).

“One Less Fool” (songwriter: R. Meisner) -

I'm very late reading and responding but just wanted to pipe in as to what a fantastic album I think Love me or Leave me alone is. I also agree the production is awful, but the wonderful songs sung by the incomparable Randy more than make up for it. I listen to it all the time, it's so interesting that it covers such a big period of time, I can literally hear the changes in Randy's voice for example, he sounds more raspy on Midnight Rain so I assume that's one of the later recordings. I love every song but my favorites (besides his Eagles songs included) are Long Time Blue, Love me or Leave me alone, Salt in my Tears, When the Dam breaks and One Less Fool. I can't stop singing OLF, it's that catchy and good. Yes the abrupt cut off is jarring but I expect it now and it doesn't diminish the brilliance of his performance. I wish it has been released earlier and had a chance to shine but so grateful to enjoy it now. Randy is literally one of my all time favorite singers! What a voice

Happy 17th Anniversary to Love Me or Leave Me Alone!

This is an album that really showcases some great Randy vocals, catchy tunes and unfortunately, some missed opportunities. Under the right circumstances, some of these tracks could have been put together to make up a really cool pop/rock album.

The album is available to stream for anyone who hasn’t heard it or just wants to re-visit it.

Here’s Randy’s cover of “Salt in My Tears” - not sure when it was recorded but had it been released as a single before Martin Briley’s, I bet it would have been a nice hit for Randy! (it’s irksome that it says “Sat” instead of “Salt” - that was a major editing goof when this went to print)