Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New York "iheartradio" show 6/04/12

Default New York "iheartradio" show 6/04/12

Those of you who watched the live stream - what did you think?

I thought it was very cool and I enjoyed it, but I think he might have been a bit hoarse. He sung lower than usual and avoided any high notes, even in "Analog Man." He wasn't doing that a few days ago when I saw him.

Of course he rocked that guitar as always!

It was very cute how he interacted with the crowd, although there was one guy who was talking a little TOO much, lol. Dude, it's a show, not a personal Q&A session!

Overall, it was a great idea to stream this, even if it wasn't a full show. Awesome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: New York "iheartradio" show 6/04/12

I loved it and I LOVED the Setlist..... I really hope to hear LITFL when I see him later this month. I really like his "version"/vocals on it.

I did pick up on the mild hoarseness but it wasn't an issue for me, I still enjoyed it just as much but noticed it first during ITC.

I think the setlist though couldn't have been better. My favorites. Of course I love LBG and hearing it always puts a smile on my face.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yeah, but he shouldn't have teased us by saying he'd play "Turn to Stone" (my personal fave) and not do so!

Sorry Soda he didn't do your song... I enjoyed it old and new songs...I did notice he didn't do any higher notes...didn't bother me at all...anytime I can hear Joe Walsh live...love it!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I liked it a lot and now I have two problems. The concert I have a ticket for is in August and I want to see him NOW. The ticket I have is in row U and this is unacceptable. I should have gone to The Burgh last weekend, why didn't I??? I need to take a look at the schedule and see if I can fix this...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm going to go to a show in July or August, since I can't see a regular show around here due to the fact that I'm going to be in the UK for most of June. I'll have to travel, but that's cool - I want to see him doing his new songs! (Yeah, I got to see them at CMT Crossroads, but I want to see them at a REAL show.)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I liked it a lot and now I have two problems. The concert I have a ticket for is in August and I want to see him NOW. The ticket I have is in row U and this is unacceptable. I should have gone to The Burgh last weekend, why didn't I??? I need to take a look at the schedule and see if I can fix this...
    Wow VA you're impatient!!! I don't even have my Joe tickets yet for my show in August...will get them soon...where is the show you're going to?...could you try to sell it on one of those resale sites? I'm kind of glad I don't see him until Aug...because after this week I'm gonna be one sorry, depressed girl...glad to have something to look forward to later in the summer so I don't jump off a cliff or something...
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 06-04-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: adding to

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hopefully TK will log on soon and post her story. I'm so jealous...

Zelda, I can't sell the ticket. A friend with a membership there got them on a presale and they got seats as well, and she is part of the big drama I posted about in another thread, so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie and go to that concert in Row U. I'll find another with a closer seat and see him twice. See how that works out for me?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I just got back from the show.......WOW Did you guys see me? I was front row center! I had on a black top..Dark straight hair with bangs! He was AMAZING.
    I didn't really notice that he was a bit horse...His guitar work was incredible, He was funny & chatty, but I see here that some of you guys saw the live feed. BTW, I told that guy that was blabbing to "SHUT UP"
    I was also upset that he mentioned doing "Turn To Stone" & then didn't do it.
    I was really happy with the songs he played. I got a set list at the end of the show!! Had a BLAST!!!
    Joe had his little duck toys at the front of the stage, but he didn't use them. I was tempted to steal one, but I didn't!!
    I took a lot of video & pictures, but I will load tomorrow!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the show!

Okay, I will give a few more details. I arrived about 4:30pm. I was looking for the line! Well there was 1 dude there before me, So I knew I was getting the best spot there. My friend was coming at 5:00. I walked around to the side of the place & saw a huge white stretch limo. It was like 3 car lengths. Joe was already inside. After waiting around a bit, I wanted to get my ass in there, so I knocked on the door & some guy let me in. I asked him if I could use the bathroom, so I guess I looked harmless enough, so he let me in. They were testing some of the guitars & I saw Joe on the stage.
    They let us in at 6:00, we had to stand around waiting for the show to start, but they were playing some James Gang stuff over the sound system to get us in the mood for Joe. I saw Joe's wife Marjorie & I think one of his daughters was there. They were sitting in a small balcony area in the back, but the place is very small. One of the dj's came out, spoke a little & introduced Joe.

When Joe came out the crowd went nuts, but I tell you there were only about 100 people there. The place is really small, but the sound was excellent.
    Set list:
    In The City
    Analog Man
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Lucky that Way
    Funk 49
    Life's Been Good
    Life In the Fast Lane

I was a little surprised that he didn't do more from the new album, but I loved the songs he chose to play. Let me tell you, I'm no guitar expert, but his guitars were MINT. YUMMO...One of them looked like it was leather or snakeskin, it was textured & was just stunning.
    He had 9 people on stage with him. 3 background singers, 2 drummers, 1 percussionist, keyboard player, another guitar player & bass player.
    Joe was in a great mood, & talked a lot
    Joe was funny, spoke to the audience, as you saw. He was rockin' thoses guitars. I was really surprised that he played Life in the Fast Lane. I didn't know he does that song live, but it was awesome!!!
    At the end, I was trying to get a pick from one of these guys, but no go. One of them gave me the set list, so I guess I will have to settle for that. I had a great time. My friend Jain, also loved it, as she knew Joe from Kent State, & saw him play there when he was in college.
    I will load my pictures tomorrow. Took some video too! Really had a fantastic time! So glad that I found out about the show & got those tickets. He is going to be playing again on Friday at one of the stores, & I forgot where the dj said it was, oh no. He will be signing cd's tomorrow & Friday too. I may go friday again if I can figure out where he will be!