Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York "iheartradio" show 6/04/12

Default Re: New York "iheartradio" show 6/04/12

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I just got back from the show.......WOW Did you guys see me? I was front row center! I had on a black top..Dark straight hair with bangs! He was AMAZING.
    I didn't really notice that he was a bit horse...His guitar work was incredible, He was funny & chatty, but I see here that some of you guys saw the live feed. BTW, I told that guy that was blabbing to "SHUT UP"
    I was also upset that he mentioned doing "Turn To Stone" & then didn't do it.
    I was really happy with the songs he played. I got a set list at the end of the show!! Had a BLAST!!!
    Joe had his little duck toys at the front of the stage, but he didn't use them. I was tempted to steal one, but I didn't!!
    I took a lot of video & pictures, but I will load tomorrow!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the show!
    yeah TK...I thought that must be you they kept showing right in front!!...glad you had fun...can't wait to see your pics...I think we're all very jealous!! Did he ever come out and do an encore? thought he might cause the lights hadn't come up then the feed cut off...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Okay, I will give a few more details. I arrived about 4:30pm. I was looking for the line! Well there was 1 dude there before me, So I knew I was getting the best spot there. My friend was coming at 5:00. I walked around to the side of the place & saw a huge white stretch limo. It was like 3 car lengths. Joe was already inside. After waiting around a bit, I wanted to get my ass in there, so I knocked on the door & some guy let me in. I asked him if I could use the bathroom, so I guess I looked harmless enough, so he let me in. They were testing some of the guitars & I saw Joe on the stage.
    They let us in at 6:00, we had to stand around waiting for the show to start, but they were playing some James Gang stuff over the sound system to get us in the mood for Joe. I saw Joe's wife Marjorie & I think one of his daughters was there. They were sitting in a small balcony area in the back, but the place is very small. One of the dj's came out, spoke a little & introduced Joe.

When Joe came out the crowd went nuts, but I tell you there were only about 100 people there. The place is really small, but the sound was excellent.
    Set list:
    In The City
    Analog Man
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Lucky that Way
    Funk 49
    Life's Been Good
    Life In the Fast Lane

I was a little surprised that he didn't do more from the new album, but I loved the songs he chose to play. Let me tell you, I'm no guitar expert, but his guitars were MINT. YUMMO...One of them looked like it was leather or snakeskin, it was textured & was just stunning.
    He had 9 people on stage with him. 3 background singers, 2 drummers, 1 percussionist, keyboard player, another guitar player & bass player.
    Joe was in a great mood, & talked a lot
    Joe was funny, spoke to the audience, as you saw. He was rockin' thoses guitars. I was really surprised that he played Life in the Fast Lane. I didn't know he does that song live, but it was awesome!!!
    At the end, I was trying to get a pick from one of these guys, but no go. One of them gave me the set list, so I guess I will have to settle for that. I had a great time. My friend Jain, also loved it, as she knew Joe from Kent State, & saw him play there when he was in college.
    I will load my pictures tomorrow. Took some video too! Really had a fantastic time! So glad that I found out about the show & got those tickets. He is going to be playing again on Friday at one of the stores, & I forgot where the dj said it was, oh no. He will be signing cd's tomorrow & Friday too. I may go friday again if I can figure out where he will be!
    You should go and have him sign a CD...probably really long lines...I wonder how many guitars Joe owns? I was really surprised he did "Life in the Fast Lane" too...gotta love it!! Don't you think he just wanted to give us a tease of the new CD...make people want to go buy it...

Wish the show had been longer! I thought he might come out for another encore off-camera... oh well.

As for LITFL - he's been doing that song at solo shows for thirty years! And he still messes up the lyrics! Gotta love it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

We were screaming for Joe to come back out, but I think they are on a time limit there. He didn't come out for an encore. They put the lights on & hustled us out of there! I went around the side to see if his limo was there, but it was GONE!
    You have to remember this was a FREE show, so we certainly got a lot & I had a great spot, so I was very happy!

I have never seen Joe alone before, so I didn't know he did LITFL. I had only seen him with the Eagles, so for me it was new!!! LOL

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

There's a link floating around here somewhere for an Apple Store where he'll be doing signings.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Man, New York and Los Angeles get it all!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    There's a link floating around here somewhere for an Apple Store where he'll be doing signings.
    I know where that is, but he is not playing there, just signing cd's. That's tomorrow on 14th St. I won't be able to go to that one.
    He is going to be playing live again on Friday someplace, so I may try to go to that one if I can find out where it is.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Tk, that was awesome! I'm so glad you got to go and to be right in the front row-amazing! Good for you!

Of course I forgot to come back here and watch and listen last night!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Tk, that was awesome! I'm so glad you got to go and to be right in the front row-amazing! Good for you!

Of course I forgot to come back here and watch and listen last night!
    I think it will be available as a podcast. If and when it is, I'll be sure to post the link.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great! Thanks VA!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten