Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

Default Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

I just returned from seeing sweet Timothy B last night in Pittsburgh...what can I say?he sounded amazing, actually I think the best of the three shows I saw recently...there's that big booming sound you get from an outdoor show that isn't there in the smaller indoor venues...It was a perfect evening...blue sky, around 70 degrees, little breeze blowing his hair around ( kept wishing I was within reach to brush it out of his face...aaahhh)...I digress...It was in a big park in downtown Pittsburgh...with a huge grass field for seating... bring your lawn chair or blanket seating...same set list of course...never get tired of hearing his voice...so strong and sweet...a few songs into it the pedal on the drummer's(Herman Matthews) bass drum broke...had to stop dead...Timothy was so cute when it happened..he told us what the problem was and said he would do his stand up routine for us while we waited but he didn't have one...everyone cracked up...and he kept saying "are you all still with me don't go anywhere" ( like we would right) and several times he turned to Herman and said " how's it coming back there Herman?"... Herman would say..." I got it...I got it..."....finally he did and Timothy said " ok let me hear it Herman"...he banged on it a few times...Timothy clapped then the crowd cheered...and the show went on...He was so charming and funny... He had on black jeans and what I call the infamous " goofy shirt"...I cracked up when he came out with it on...remember it's the white shirt with what looks like a jersey or something under it...we could never quite figure it out...he wore it in South Africa earlier this spring...well now I have seen it up close and personal and I still couln't figure it out... and you all know I was studying it all night...oh well...doesn't matter what he has on right?...he looked great!...Toward the end of the show...it was now dark...and everyone stood and started moving up closer to the stage...People were pressed up against the barrier in front of the stage...I thought 'oh no not without me you don't'...so I scooted myself up and wormed my way so I was right against the barrier ( a barrier...can you imagine? what did they think we were going to do attack him?)...I was dead center in front of him for the rest of the show...aahhh...I was in sweet Timothy B heaven...I had left my friend back in the dust, but I think she had figured out the score by then by the puddle of drool around us...I managed a few pics and some video but haven't seen if they're any good yet...I got to talk with his guitar player Hank Linderman after the show...seemed like a really nice guy...was talking about what a hard worker Timothy is and how hard it's been for him to get his voice back since that surfboard accident..how he trains with a vocal coach now and still has to work very hard every day...He also said no one in Timothy's family is with him on this tour...My friend said she really enjoyed him(of course I had threatened to make her walk home if she didn't) ...can't think very well right now...I'm still in my 'post Timothy fog'...if I think of anything else will post it later...Oh yeah, I just thought of something funny he said...when he first came out and was saying hi to everyone he said..."I hear they actually have fried oreos here is that right?" a lot of people cheered and yelled yeah...he said "wow how many of you have actually had them?" and a bunch of people yelled yeah...and he said " wow I wouldn't want to be you guys later"...the crowd roared at that..
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 06-07-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: adding to

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

Glad you had a great time, Zelda, and I'm really glad the weather behaved! Can't wait to see the pics.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Sounds like fun, Zelda. Glad you had such a good time.

Glad you had a great time Zelda. Can't wait to see pictures.

Well, good to hear from you Zelda & that you had an amazing time!! can't wait to see the pictures because I'm not sure what shirt you are talking about?? crazy shirt? I remember hearing something about that, but not sure what that looks like! So glad you had good weather too!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, good to hear from you Zelda & that you had an amazing time!! can't wait to see the pictures because I'm not sure what shirt you are talking about?? crazy shirt? I remember hearing something about that, but not sure what that looks like! So glad you had good weather too!
    TK, see post number 19 on this link. He wore it to another, too.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...?t=3570&page=2
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Sounds like a great time - wish I could have been there with you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sounds wonderful, Zelda!! So the shirt is still a mystery? Hmmm... wonder what the story is behind it because I have a hard time believing that he thinks it's stylish. Anxiously awaiting your pictures and video.

BTW--Soda---your avi is wonderful!!! What a shock.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ok, I went back to look. Is that a stripe tank dress with a white shirt over it? OMG What the heck is that?? It really looks like a mini dress under there? WTH??? Oh Timothy, my image of you is shattered. I'm going to have to pretend I never saw that!!! The worst is that he wore it AGAIN!!! Oh NO

Re: the shirt....I believe it's pretty and traditional in South Africa. Because of the heat/humidity, it seems a lot of the clothing would be made of a guaze-type fabric. If you were to look at photos (other than those we have here on the site) of people in Africa, you would probably see a lot of similar shirts and a lot of color. And it's not unusual to have borders/hems added...probably more 'traditional' or 'native' than modern fashion. If you have anything in your own wardrobe made of a gauze fabric, you know how light the material is and that it 'breathes' well. I've seen similar styles before. And I have never thought of Timothy as being a slave to current fashion trends, rather he seems to dress for comfort. Just sayin'.....
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love