Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Analog Man"

Default Re: Celebration of "Analog Man"

Happy 6th Birthday to Analog Man. Great album IMO.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 6th Birthday to Analog Man. Great album IMO.
    It is!

I handed a copy of the CD to my husband and told him: "Look, Joe Walsh made an album just for you!" Yes, my husband with his analog televisions. (I swear, I am going to write an epic journey tale just for him titled, In Search of the Final Analog Television!. Do you know how much extra equipment is necessary to hook a Blu-Ray DVD player to an analog television? Do you know how heavy analog televisions are? Do you know how off-topic I just got?)

Happy Anniversary to Analog Man!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    It is!

I handed a copy of the CD to my husband and told him: "Look, Joe Walsh made an album just for you!" Yes, my husband with his analog televisions. (I swear, I am going to write an epic journey tale just for him titled, In Search of the Final Analog Television!. Do you know how much extra equipment is necessary to hook a Blu-Ray DVD player to an analog television? Do you know how heavy analog televisions are? Do you know how off-topic I just got?)

Happy Anniversary to Analog Man!
    I also enjoy Analog Man. But CAinOH, your husband could not be any worse than me! I still have my old rotary dial phone in the living room, my VCR and record player, and my very old cell phone only CALLS PEOPLE! I'm an Analog Woman, to be sure!LOL!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Happy 7th Birthday to Analog Man. One of my favorite Joe album that I can listen to the whole thing without skipping a song.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I don't like it as well as you do, but it is a strong album, and I'm so glad Joe pulled it together to make new music after so many years.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANALOG MAN!!!

I love this album. IMO, it is one of my of my favorite, if not the favorite, of all of Joe's solo efforts. I will go so far as to say, I think it is one of the best solo efforts by any of the band members over the past decade. I think I'll have to stop short of saying it's THE best, but it certainly ranks near the top for me. Joe manages to stay true to himself while at the same time, showing a much more mature, sober side of himself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 8th Birthday to Analog Man.

Happy Anniversary! Great album, so many good songs...hoping for another!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ANALOG MAN!!!

This is one of my favorites of Joe's solo albums. As I've said before, we have a clean, sober, mature clown prince of rock. And the version of One Day at a Time on this album is awesome. It is probably the only one of Joe's songs where I like his version more than the version performed by the Eagles.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know I'm way belated on this but playing it again... how lucky are we that he chose to make this album and not rest on his laurels?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten