Page 223 of 273 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Out on the Border Restless Heart's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Thanks for the welcome. This site is full of info. I just spent way too much time today reading this thread alone. Very interesting discussion. I'm a message board junkie. As soon as I take an interest in something I try to find a fan community for it. it's good to see the Eagles have a thriving one. A lot of my favorite older acts don't.

Thanks for the compliment. I am the same way. I love to read message boards. I guess that why I wound up making 'em!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Restless Heart View Post
    I know this documentary has been out for a while, but I just saw it for the first time. It reminded me just how incredible this band is. My favorite part was just watching them perform. I haven't seen any new artist rival that kind of energy. As they played music throughout it reminded me of just how many great songs they have. I'm going to see them live now if I can swing it. What a band!
    Welcome RH...you're so right about the new artists of today...and I remember thinking that exact thing when they got back together and I first saw the HFO DVD...I remember thinking...man there's just nothing else like them...they are awesome...and of course the documentary just reinforced my thoughts!...I really hope you get to see them live...you will flip!!

Welcome RH. I read a lot on these threads too. Finally I have the HOTE DVD at home, bought on amazon. I watched it a year ago with a friend but now i can watch over and over. english subtitled. I need help with some things, i'll be really thankful.

this is one thing: Henley and Glenn came from play with Linda Rondstad and decided to found a new band. They looked for the other guys, ledon and Meisner. So both can be considered the real creators of the Eagles band, the main membersm, they got the initiative. Even the doc only focuses on the Don and Glenn childhood. That's why I think so too. i'm wrong?

Border Troubadour

That's the one thing I disagree with on HOTE - you get minyte detail of Henley and Frey's upbringing but you get practically nothing for the other two and to an extent the later three - for example there's no mention of where Bernie comes from (as in upbringing) and the two bassist's previous lives in Poco are only mentioned passively.

Ok song identification team - I have one for you!

I was watching HOTE last night and when Glenn talks about Timothy joining the band and the whole deal with Irving, there is a song playing in the background which has to be a Poco tune, very smooth and has Tim on backup vocals. I want to know what that song is! It sounds cool but I'm not a Poco expert and too lazy to listen to every Poco track to find out what it is!!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yes, Austin, that is Rose of Cimarron by Poco, I think you will really like it, especially the pedal steel at the end. The guy singing lead is Paul Cotton. I don't want to speak for other TBS fans, but I don't think it is a stretch to say that in the Timmy threads, this video ranks right up near # 1 for all-time favorite Tim videos/songs - be sure to watch through 3:40 for Timothy's big finale!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF91ul0ZR64

It's pretty rare in this day and age to see ANYTHING on Youtube with no negative comments or trolls - this comes pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Yes, Austin, that is Rose of Cimarron by Poco. I don't want to speak for other TBS fans, but I don't think it is a stretch to say that in the Timmy threads, this video ranks right up near # 1 for all-time favorite Tim videos/songs - be sure to watch it to the end!!

Beautiful song.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoranV View Post
    Welcome RH. I read a lot on these threads too. Finally I have the HOTE DVD at home, bought on amazon. I watched it a year ago with a friend but now i can watch over and over. english subtitled. I need help with some things, i'll be really thankful.

this is one thing: Henley and Glenn came from play with Linda Rondstad and decided to found a new band. They looked for the other guys, ledon and Meisner. So both can be considered the real creators of the Eagles band, the main membersm, they got the initiative. Even the doc only focuses on the Don and Glenn childhood. That's why I think so too. i'm wrong?
    Goran - you are correct in that the doc focuses only on Don and Glenn's childhoods, and that they are the narrators. There is no question that they emerged as the leaders of the band and are to this day. At the time the four guys came together as a band that would eventually be called the Eagles, I don't think those two were considered "the leaders". Bernie was probably the most experienced/successful/talented at that point in time. There is much discussion about this topic on these boards, and opinions are split, but the general consensus (I get the sense, please feel free to correct me) is that the Eagles success was attributable to all four founding members, and that Don and Glenn emerged as the leaders, as they wrote and sang most of the hits. This is a very brief explanation.

Also, I think that all four of them were playing behind Linda, together, at some point before they formed their own band - again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Yes, Austin, that is Rose of Cimarron by Poco, I think you will really like it, especially the pedal steel at the end. The guy singing lead is Paul Cotton. I don't want to speak for other TBS fans, but I don't think it is a stretch to say that in the Timmy threads, this video ranks right up near # 1 for all-time favorite Tim videos/songs - be sure to watch through 3:40 for Timothy's big finale!!!!

It's pretty rare in this day and age to see ANYTHING on Youtube with no negative comments or trolls - this comes pretty close.
    OMG thank you! I just listened to it three times in a row! I love that song!!! Such great vocals and lyrics and love the steel.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."