Page 171 of 273 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I swear, I have like a sixth sense for when this is going to be on Showtime. Had a feeling this was on, and sure enough, it just begun. And watching it in HD finally (after all this time..but I always forget I have them down in the 1,000s of the station numbers...)--boys looks good in high def.

It's at the point where they talk about the Echo Park days with Glenn, JD and Jackson. A story I wish they could have snuck in there was the one Jackson told in the "Hotel California" book, about some friend of Glenn and JD who was staying with them and researching the Manson family, and of course, then pissed the Manson family off, to the point they'd come creeping around outside their apartment, and Glenn would throw cups and empty milk cartons at them from the window to get them to shoo...
    What??!!?? I guess I need to read that book!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't remember hearing about that either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Tumblr has this snippet:

One tidbit I can’t photograph—apaprently JD and Glenn had some man, Ed Sanders, *researching Charles Manson and the Family, staying with them, and the house guest attracted quite a few undesirables to their door:

"A couple of times, Jackson Browne remembers, “Glenn had to throw milk bottles through the window to discourage what Sanders called ‘the sleazo inputs’ who were after him." pg. 73

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I vaguely recall reading about this incident before, but it has been so long ago, I had almost forgotten about it. Scary stuff - but it's almost amusing looking back on it to think Glenn was 'intimidating' them with milk cartons.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Not milk cartons - milk bottles, back when they were made from glass rather than plastic. Those things can do some damage if you pitch 'em hard enough! No wonder those Manson people took off running!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I watched Part One again last night, on the computer since my TV is still back in VA. I used the Bose headphones and wow! I heard things I've never heard before. The music sounded even better, and of course the guys sounded better as they talked. When Felder and Glenn are going back and forth during the Long Beach concert, you don't need the subtitles to easily hear what they're saying.

I can't wait to hear the 1977 concert with them on, and when my stuff gets here, LZ's Celebration Day will get a turn with the headphones.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Just saw on Twitter where Slash (of Guns N' Roses fame) praised the doc. Pretty cool.

Check out #HistoryoftheEagles movie. Regardless of whether or not you're an Eagles fan, it's a great RnR tale. Really well done. iiii]; )'
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Around 1993 a friend and I were in the restaurant/bar of the St. Francis hotel in San Francisco visiting my mom who was there for a conference - just by coincidence Guns N Roses were staying there. While we were in the restaurant, Slash came down in leather pants and no shirt. The host made him go back and put on a shirt. He didn't seem to have a problem with it - came back with his shirt and stayed for a while! My mom had told us that the day prior, the paramedics took Axl Rose out on a stretcher...I do like how Slash makes his signature tophat with smilies at the end of his post. Thanks to him for promoting the doc.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Showtime will air the documentary again tomorrow evening, Thursday, August 8. Here's another chance to record it, for those of you who haven't purchased the DVD yet (like me ).

Just rewatched the Doc, when they're talking about Glenn's kids finding the "How Long" video on YouTube, who's the one who said "I was in my office watching tv and my kids come in and say 'hey dad come here. You got to take a look at your hair'"? Can't tell if it's Glenn or Bernie.