Page 199 of 273 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I've completely lost track of how many times I've watched the doc. It's gotten to the point where I have the Showtime page for it saved on my phone because it shows when the doc will be showing on one if their channels - next date is Nov 29 I think - and I can't wait for it to air, even though I HAVE the dvd! Somehow knowing that there are other people watching along with me gives me a kick!

Thanks for that date, ktdids. I was looking on my UVerse guide to see if it was coming on again. Nothing showed up. I will watch it on the 29th.

It came on while I was in Branson last week. Especially just last Saturday and I didn't get to watch it since my hotel didn't carry the Showtime channel. Only HBO.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    I've completely lost track of how many times I've watched the doc. It's gotten to the point where I have the Showtime page for it saved on my phone because it shows when the doc will be showing on one if their channels - next date is Nov 29 I think - and I can't wait for it to air, even though I HAVE the dvd! Somehow knowing that there are other people watching along with me gives me a kick!

haha I feel the same way...it's even more exciting when Eagles fans inadvertently have a party of sorts haha
    ...at least it's a party when I watch it anyway haha
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Went back to the DVD and captured the following screenshots to see if they would shed any light on UW's questions. Again, they are fuzzy but at least if anyone is interested, they can go back to the DVD ...

This one is at 44:20 on the DVD ...

This one is at 46:40 on the DVD ...

Not sure who this is but it looks like the same person to me. He may be the mystery 7th person - he's definitely not an Eagle and it doesn't look like Henry Diltz or Gary Burden to me either (that's Gary in the foreground of the second capture).
    From the liner notes, Scarlet Sun identified he 7th person as John Barrick, and Dreamer noed that To the Limit has a photo in which John Barrick is identifed. Here's that photo and he does indeed seem to be the same man as in the above photos (he's the one behind Jackson Browne).

Not that I was doubting anyone, but it's nice to have it all tied together.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

nice detective work!

researching this stuff is so fun!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    My family has had it with me watching it over and over on our DVR so I watch it now when no one is home so I can enjoy it in peace and lust over Randy!
    I completely understand. My family has started making fun of me but I don't care. I need my Randy fix as often as I can get it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by randymeisnerrocks View Post
    I completely understand. My family has started making fun of me but I don't care. I need my Randy fix as often as I can get it.
    I started watching the documentary on the computer after my husband would pop in the Borne trilogy for the zillionth time. Now it's a habit. For the concert I use the really good headphones and it's like being in a concert hall!

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randymeisnerrocks View Post

I know what you mean, when my husband travels for work or plays golf I watch it. It is like my little secret pleasure. I like watching it alone so that I can swoon and make comments that no one hears.

I when it when my husband is out. I need my fix too!

Border Desperado

I am so relieved to know that I am not the only one who watches this documentary over and over again when my husband is not around!

As other folks have mentioned there are so many things to pick up the more times you watch it!

My most recent thoughts have been around the relationship between Don and Glenn. What is it really like? What got me thinking about it was when Glenn, towards the end of the doc says something like that he and Don could be partners again. ( I think this was in the context of their resumption as band) I had just never caught that until well- recently -

I know they have said they are friends but there does not seem to be a lot written about what they are like together- They seem to be very different people and that could be what makes them work- They have lived together and not lived together-and basically have grown up and older together over a long span of life. Did they recognize early on in their lives that what they had together was really extraordinary? And of course there was their break during the 80's where they did their own things. I am not sure if we will ever know but lately it has got me wondering- So lately I have been watching the doc trying to see if there are more "clues' about them

Who knows what will strike me next time i watch it!

Who knows what will strike me next time I watch!!