Page 219 of 273 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Oh there was a photo of Don H that looked like Stevie Nicks was sitting in the ground next to him. He looked too young to have known Stevie & it was shown during the 1st album part of the doc. Anyone have anymore info on that one? Another photo that's out of chronological order?

Don Henley dated Stevie Nicks for a couple of years beginning around late 1975. They recorded the song "Leather and Lace" together.

So as I was looking at the Showtime app to download it to my phone, it looks like the documentary is starting a rotation of airplay in March, which may be the reason why I CAN'T watch it on the app on my phone... even though I thought it was kind of ON DEMAND or whatever.
    So heads up everybody who wants to catch it on Showtime, I think its starting March 20?

Thanks for that information, Ktdids. I've been looking for it on my UVerse guide, but no luck. Wow!! That's in 19 days.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I must've missed this photo. About what time in the doc is it?
    This shot was taken a min. before or after the one we're talking about. Is the woman Stevie? In this photo it doesn't look much like her but in the actual photo we're talking about it looks exactly like her.

I'm sorry I couldn't find the actual shot. This one took me hours to find.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Out on the Border

It was some time before they get to OTB I think because the first hour is about all I ever get to see. Maybe one of the Geffen parts.

Out on the Border

It's at 33:26. It was easier to find than I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    This shot was taken a min. before or after the one we're talking about. Is the woman Stevie? In this photo it doesn't look much like her but in the actual photo we're talking about it looks exactly like her.

I'm sorry I couldn't find the actual shot. This one took me hours to find.
    That girl and Don have matching hairdos - haha! She is almost as pretty as he is

Oh, now I know what photo you're talking about. That's not Stevie for sure. She wasn't part of the Geffen / Asylum or Troubadour scene. She didn't meet Don until 1975, the year she joined Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey Buckingham and they "made it." In the early 70s, she and Lindsey were struggling unknowns who were broke and, in his words, "couldn't get arrested" in Los Angeles.

Here's what she looked like at that time:

ETA: Midnight Visitor, thank you for going to all that trouble to find it. I never meant to put you through all that with my question! I'm sorry.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have HOTE on dvd but struggle to watch it without sobbing. I have been lucky enough to see many many of the big bands of the 70's - Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Stones, Faces etc but the music of the Eagles make me so sentimental and takes me back to a time of being a carefree girl. All those lovely long haired, denim clad guys. I had a massive crush on Randy and the documentary shows him in all his youthful glory, such a good looking man. I probably cry because when I see him today it reminds me how old I have also got.
    I still go to concerts and recently have seen Ronnie Wood, Foo Fighters and Mumford and Sons. Seeing the Eagles in May so must make sure I wear waterproof mascara!

Aw. Well, know you're not alone if you cry at the Eagles concert. I've teared up a few times. That's why we love 'em so much - the power of their music.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten