Page 238 of 273 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    That clip is available in the UK... I love it! I'm going to assume Felder has worked a lot on his vocals especially since 2001 but he's not bad at all, certainly in the Walsh / Leadon school of decency.
    or maybe his vocals were just as good in 1976, but not as good as Henley's

In the HotE Don H says that Don F sang VOL many times over the course of a week. If that is true they must have recorded it at least a few times.

In the HOE doc I thought I heard a snippet of Victim of Love with Felder singing. Joe Walsh is narrating a shot where Felder is getting out of an elevator and walking to a car. Joe Walsh says "We were all alpha." Maybe it's not what I thought it was, but that's why I asked about a "full version."

I've heard Felder singing "Visions," but he never sings alone. There is always a harmony singer with him. I've also noticed there are some songs that he doesn't even sing backup vocals even if the rest of the band is singing them.

There is an interview with Don Henley where he said that there are people who "need" to be in a band (indicating there is not enough talent to be a solo artist). Don places Felder and Meisner in that category. Meisner wasn't assertive enough and underestimated his own talent and Felder was just the opposite. He overestimated his talent (in singing). Everyone agrees he's a good musician but his singing must be pretty bad if Bernie Leadon's and Joe Walsh's vocals came up to "band standards," but his didn't.

RH, I heard that snippet too & I just assumed that it was an actual recording of Don F singing it in the '70's. Does anyone think differently?

Don F simply can not sing on his own. Maybe he can harmonize but he can not hold his on singing

Stuck on the Border

I assumed that was Don Felder singing "Victim of Love" on the documentary.

Felder has sounded a lot better in clips from his recent tour. I've been thinking a good question for his chats would have been what vocal preparations he'd made for the tour - had he been working with a vocal coach etc. There are clips from shows prior to this tour, where you can hardly hear his singing, particularly on songs like "Take It Easy".

I'm not too keen on Felder's voice - it's fine for a few minutes but I get tired of it. I have a similar problem when Henley strains his voice to any extent and to me Felder sounds a bit like Henley, just not quite as good.

I like Bernie's voice. I think of it as being similar to Glenn's- better at times - and much better than Felder's. Joe's voice has its own character and I like it for what it is, so long as I don't get too much of it.

Stuck on the Border

I never heard Felder singing VOL in HOTE & I am deeply surprised that such a snippet would have been allowed. The next time I watch it I will pay close attention.

When Felder himself talks about the recording of VOL he says it was done live as a five piece presumably with Henley singing. I have only ever thought that Felder may have attempted to sing it, but was not recorded singing it.

And I have no idea why the YouTube clip would be blocked in the US since it's a US video. That is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    When Felder himself talks about the recording of VOL he says it was done live as a five piece presumably with Henley singing. I have only ever thought that Felder may have attempted to sing it, but was not recorded singing it.
    I think "5-piece live" means instruments only, not vocals. But yes, 100% Felder's version was recorded.

When I try to click on it, it's states that it's blocked due to copy write laws.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    I think "5-piece live" means instruments only, not vocals. But yes, 100% Felder's version was recorded.
    I'm sorry, but how do you know that? Why are you so sure about it?