Page 95 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

WOW. That is an awesome set!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The pics are either ones I've seen before or from photo shoots where I've seen similar ones. However, these aren't little screen captures on a computer screen. These are blown up to 17" x 9" and incredible quality. Better resolution than the smaller bits on the screen. T&H, being a photographer yourself, you'd certainly appreciate the difference.

The hard-cover book is all pictures from photo shoots where I've seen similar ones. Some pages are a succession of photos in one pose. Again, though, the quality and layout is amazing. An incredible 'coffee-table' book except I can't imagine putting out where something might get spilled on it. Not as many photos as the Fong-Torres book, but the photos are better.

Just sent the email to the team that I'm 'out for lunch' and getting ready to put the bonus concert disc into the player. I can tell you Santa has never delivered anything so fine.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

The bonus concert disc?! I'm SO damn jealous right now... OMG... HC era Eagles with Joe and Felder. Can't get much better than that.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

thanks for the info VA!!!
    and yes I can imagine that the images and book must be of amazing quality!
    if only I had the extra money to burn!
    I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my blu-ray edition

and Austin, I think the bonus concert dvd VA is referring to is the one we all get, isn't it?
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Spoiler Alert on Bonus DVD! Don’t read this unless you want the details before you see it!

First song, HC. It was hard to concentrate because I spent a lot of time admiring how much better the picture is in Blu-Ray. The difference to me is shocking. They show a lot of footage of this song in the documentary, so there’s not a lot new here that I could tell. The back and forth between Joe and Felder is incredible, but they show it in the movie if I recall correctly.

NKIT is next and the opening strains got a good reaction from the crowd. I’m a bit speechless over this one. I can see it’ll be the one I watch the most. I should mention, as I told WF88 that I had the options set to stereo and listened using the TV speakers. Still awesome.

TITTL, they showed a lot of this in the movie and I didn’t see a lot different other than I swear Joe sings to Felder. It’s nice to see it in its entirety rather than bits and pieces and without people talking over it.

Next was OOTN, and as I mentioned to WF88 (he and I chatted as I watched), watching Felder play the solo on this one was amazing. It’s a shorter solo, but looks a lot more difficult. This is my favorite song of theirs, and it does not disappoint.

OK, Lyin’ Eyes was next and here is when I noticed a few odd things. A friend who was at this concert said they did perform some songs more than once, he thought. Plus, it was multiple nights and you can see that later with different people in the front. As Glenn sings this song, sometimes his hair is tucked behind his sunglasses, sometimes in his face. In one verse alone, it goes back and forth between the two! Near the end, Glenn shows off his redneck side by making the word ‘fool’ about three syllables. All that aside, the song and the performance of it is just great.

Next up is RMW. My blood started pumping harder just hearing the opening strains! The talk-box part is different than the original and different than what they do currently. The guitar solo after the talk-box is different as well. As I told WF88, not sure it’s better, just different.

BOML, wow. Don is up front and no one plays drums. They are all acoustic with matching guitars except obviously for Randy and Felder sits at the steel guitar. They changed up the vocals a bit at the end. They should have done this for their ‘acoustic’ portion of Farewell! I liked it a lot.

Last was TIE, and this was all electric. WF88 mentioned he’s heard that before. It rocks a bit more than the current live version, especially at the end.

All in all I was very impressed. I wondered if the best cleaned-up audio and visual is what we saw in the movie and the rest wasn’t as good, but even in hi-def, it’s quality from beginning to end. I suppose I should watch it again to make sure!
    VK

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That is way too awesome VA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait 'til I have mine. LOL I couldn't help myself so I'm getting the three disc set along with the big 249 one. I'm a collector so I need to have the whole enchilada. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was going to take some shots but thanks VA, you saved me the trouble. The whole set is awesome. Definitely a keeper for me too!

Funny thing, Laura and I had all the pics and the book out. We couldn't find the DVDs as for some reason id thought they'd be boxed. Hubby walked in and said 'have you tried inside the back cover?'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just watched Part 1 in HD, I'm a happy camper!
    VK

You can win a copy of the DVD at the link below. This article also says that the movie earned Showtime their highest ratings for a music documentary in 8 years.

http://www.nashville.com/music/2013/...signed-poster/
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    You can win a copy of the DVD at the link below. This article also says that the movie earned Showtime their highest ratings for a music documentary in 8 years.

http://www.nashville.com/music/2013/...signed-poster/

That is awesome. I'm glad I'm off Thursday and Friday... Eagles weekend!!!