Page 108 of 273 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Just finished! Loved it!

What a treat to see these guys in their heyday! Back then, bands were known from the radio - not from videos, so when I think of these songs, I always think of hearing them on the radio. I haven't watched too many of the YouTube videos from before the band broke up, so this was a real thrill!

They all seem to sing effortlessly - no struggling to hit the high notes or sticking their finger in their ear to make sure they're in key.

Randy couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

I kept thinking of certain Borderers during certain songs; WF during HC, FP during NKIT, Troub during BOML.

Did anyone else notice how much more uptempo LE was than how they play it now? I liked it! It's such a long song that even though I like the song, I get bored with it by the end. The uptempo version moved things right along!

I liked the way they changed things up a little from the recorded version. Along these lines, I especially liked Don's vocal on BOML.

Speaking of vocals, Glenn's are amazing! Again, I couldn't help notice the absence of wincing and sticking his finger in his ear - something I don't enjoy seeing him do at shows now. TIE was a great, easy, lead vocal.

It was weird hearing Don harmonizing with Joe on RMW.

As far as Joe, let's just say I appreciate the seasoned version of Joe so much more than this one. I'm so thankful that he came out the way he did.
    Thanks for this although I would not say he winces. He puts everything into it.

I felt I needed to see what New Kid In Town is like, so I did order the 3 Blu Ray plus T shirt. The deluxe package was far too expensive.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I have wondered if he uses botox occasionally. Anything more than that, I have my doubts.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Julie, you are going to flip out! As I said, I love the subtle differences from the recording.

So, I assume none of these performances are on YouTube?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Julie, you are going to flip out! As I said, I love the subtle differences from the recording.

So, I assume none of these performances are on YouTube?
    If they are, I haven't looked.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't think Glenn, Don or Tim have had any work done. I think Joe and Don F have.

I really don't care and think they all look great.

I absolutely loved Glenn's voice on all his songs. Well, they all sounded amazing. Wish the concert dvd would have been longer.

Anybody have any thoughts on what prompted Don to get a perm back in the day? It was a great idea cause he looked great with it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I cannot agree with this. Look at some of the Sundance London photos. I don't believe he has had any work done on his face at all. He has bags under his eyes & wrinkles. Yes, he is a handsome man, but he looks his age.

Look at any recent photo of Don Felder, on the other hand, and it is quite obvious that he has had work done.
    I agree--he looks comfortably his age and all that entails. There's never been a period of photos where suddenly he looks tighter or pinched or whatever, the telltales signs of a facelift. His nose has evolved over the years, due to the rebuilding, post-Coke destruction, but even with that he didn't monkey with the original shape or size. Even Botox I doubt--he's always had the lines on his face of a man whose lived a full and happy life.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I would also agree about the cosmetic surgery. If Don H., Glenn, or Tim have had any work done at all (other than their teeth), it's VERY subtle. I would also agree that Joe and Don F. have definitely had some work done, but I'm okay with that if they're okay with that. My personal opinion is that Joe looks great right now, I just hope he doesn't get carried away with it. Felder looks good too, but I do think his look is a little too 'chisled' and not quite as natural looking. All JMHO!

And PM - I got a kick out of your dilemma about whether to watch the film or the concert first. Hopefully, by now, you've had a chance to enjoy them both! I'm going to try to watch the concert again sometime this evening if I get a chance. It is so awesome - the sound is incredible. The one thing that stood out to me in the first couple of views is the harmonies in New Kid In Town. I adore the song anyway, and this version is simply incredible. The other thing that struck me is how clearly you can hear Randy's voice during many of the harmony parts. What a gem this is - and I agree I would love to have more!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

The part with Randy and the joint on the plane is around the 8th minute. I've never smoked a joint so I don't know how that works, but he did remove it from his mouth quickly... of course, it was still quite visible in his hand so it was a rather futile gesture if he was trying not to be caught on camera.
    Finally saw it...and if you look closely soon after, he's smoking a "real" cigarette (and kinda flipping it around as if to emphasize "Yep...regular cigarette!)

Nope, by the time we ate and got settled in last night, we only had time to watch either the doc, part one, or the concert. I chose the concert.

Today I've been busy shopping for my niece's bridal shower gift and for a new mattress for us. We plan to watch part one tonight and part two tomorrow night. I can't wait, but when there are two of us wanting to watch it I have to wait until it's convenient for both of us.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

More thoughts:

You know, after seeing this I kind of miss the stripped down Eagles. Just 5 guys without horns and backing instruments and stuff.

Also I really love that Hotel Cali background during HC. I know they have something similar now but I can only imagine being there in '77 and seeing that lit up..

I am still in a daze over the greatness of this concert video.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."