Page 118 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is my favorite look for Don - the 'fro and beard. SO masculine, edgy, and sexy.... as long as it didn't get TOO big - for a while it was so big it looked about to tip him over.

He is very adamant that he did not have a perm. However, I think he grew his hair out like that to hide his ears. He was quite self-conscious about his ears sticking out when he was younger, and the fro nicely covered them. Of course, once he had money, he got them pinned back.
    Yeah that's my favorite Don look too

I didn't know that about his ears!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't see how that is not a perm...His hair later grew in straight? I don't think so....Maybe he just teased it all up to look like that? WHAT...NO that is a perm!
    Actually it could be that he had his hair relaxed later on, not that it grew in straight.
    My hair is naturally curly/wavy. It was straight til I was 12, then became curly. Once I was old enough to figure out how straighten my hair, I did that once in a while, but it was too long to deal with all the time. Then when I cut my hair into my now signature bob in college, I've pretty much kept my hair straight most of the time. People who didn't know me before are always shocked to find that my hair is naturally curly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post

JD Souther talks about wanting to kill Jackson because he heard the same stuff over and over, and he specifically mentions Doctor My Eyes and The Pretender. But Doctor My Eyes has a date of 1971 and The Pretender 1976. Surely Glenn and JD were not still living above Jackson during the writing of The Pretender. And if JB had been writing The Pretender back in 1971, surely he would have put it on an album before 1976. So I think JD just pulled those songs out of the air.

well that's not necessarily true. oftentimes, people will write songs, but don't find a place for them on one album, and come back to it later on. Like Glenn's After Hours for example. He wrote that with Jack Tempchin back in the 80s, but didn't use it til last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Glenn changes the lyrics when performing TIE live, for example on the Live album he sings "Southern California" instead of "Winslow, Arizona".

Felder plays it on the double neck guitar so he can switch back and forth between the 12 string acoustic part and the lead guitar parts.
    yeah I noticed he changes lyrics in Peaceful Easy Feeling too nowadays.
    Instead of "I like the way your sparkling earrings LAY against your skin so brown" he sings SWING

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I never knew about Don's ears either. LOL. Yeah some writers tend to do that. Not finding room for some tracks and end up putting them on other albums. I love it when Glenn changes up the lyrics for Take It Easy. It's funny.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Well, if I had written an amazing song like The Pretender, and I put out an album every year, I wouldn't wait five years before I put it on one! Just sayin!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

This morning I was thinking about Steuart Smith's interview. I'll have to watch it again, because twice now I haven't quite picked up what he's saying. Does he say something like, 'I'm as close as you can come to being an Eagle, but I'm not an Eagle.'

Anybody reading anything into that? I was trying to read his expression to see if he's sad that he's not an Eagle, or whether he doesn't care that he's not an Eagle.
    ~ Cathy ~

No, I actually think Smith deliberately distanced himself fom that notion. He says playing Felder's part in HC is like "stepping into a space suit" but he notes he didn't write it; he calls himself "one part hired gun" and "one part collaborator" but then distinctly clarifies "I'm one of the guitar players, but I'm not an Eagle. I dont know what it's like to be one of those guys." He doesn't claim that he's as close as you can come to an Eagle without being one or anything like that. Quite the opposite; his wording suggests to me that he is taking care not to put himself above the other backing musicians.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's very humble of him because I think his role is definitely bigger than that of the other backing band members.
    ~Sara

Thanks Soda for the exact quotes. The one I had misheard was," I don't know what it's like to be one of those guys." I thought that he might have said, " I KNOW what it's like to be one of those guys", meaning, he's the closest thing to an Eagle without being an Eagle. But, like I said, I was having a hard time hearing what he was saying.
    ~ Cathy ~