Page 170 of 273 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Does anyone know why Linda didn't want to be interviewed or filmed for the documentary? Sorry if it's already been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Does anyone know why Linda didn't want to be interviewed or filmed for the documentary? Sorry if it's already been answered.
    There's been no official reason given, but I suspect she might be self-conscious about her weight gain.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    There's been no official reason given, but I suspect she might be self-conscious about her weight gain.
    She's done interviews in recent years, so I don't know if she's uncomfortable with it, and in certain ones, refers to the effects of her thyroid disease. Maybe she doesn't like media situations she can't control, where she knows images of that era will be juxtaposed with her current image? Easy to do interviews now where it's just her and the interviewer, but in the doc, it would be just her, with her words intermixed with images of her youth...Perhaps that direct comparison is a land-mine she just as soon avoid all together.

She also seems to really want to distance herself from her 70s rocker days--not that she's ashamed of her friendship/association with the Eagles, but I think her goal since 1980 has been to prove she's more and better than her chart-topping hits. So I think revisiting that era isn't at the top of her agenda. And with her own book coming out in September, I think she wanted to keep some recollections to share there!

She obviously gave them permission to use her old soundbites/videos, and they still speak very fondly of her, so I think it's more a case of her being uncomfortable being a bit player in another artist's nostalgic backstory.

AEW posted a wonderful video of Don and Glenn talking about Linda at the London Sundance press conference in another thread. Just scroll down.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...?t=4215&page=4
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

The documentary is awesome!!!! I've seen it 33 times!

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    She's done interviews in recent years, so I don't know if she's uncomfortable with it, and in certain ones, refers to the effects of her thyroid disease. Maybe she doesn't like media situations she can't control, where she knows images of that era will be juxtaposed with her current image? Easy to do interviews now where it's just her and the interviewer, but in the doc, it would be just her, with her words intermixed with images of her youth...Perhaps that direct comparison is a land-mine she just as soon avoid all together.

She also seems to really want to distance herself from her 70s rocker days--not that she's ashamed of her friendship/association with the Eagles, but I think her goal since 1980 has been to prove she's more and better than her chart-topping hits. So I think revisiting that era isn't at the top of her agenda. And with her own book coming out in September, I think she wanted to keep some recollections to share there!

She obviously gave them permission to use her old soundbites/videos, and they still speak very fondly of her, so I think it's more a case of her being uncomfortable being a bit player in another artist's nostalgic backstory.
    I think Linda has her own documentary coming out soon. I read something about that just recently! I wonder if the Eagles will be in her doc????
    Anyway, it should all be interesting!

She has a book coming out in September....will be interesting if we get any quotes/comments from them in the inevitable press that will accompany it's release...?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I thought that was a pretty fair review of the film. Since I'm, obviously, not as harsh a critic as the writer, I don't agree with everything he said; however, I think he was fairly even-handed in his critique.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I swear, I have like a sixth sense for when this is going to be on Showtime. Had a feeling this was on, and sure enough, it just begun. And watching it in HD finally (after all this time..but I always forget I have them down in the 1,000s of the station numbers...)--boys looks good in high def.

It's at the point where they talk about the Echo Park days with Glenn, JD and Jackson. A story I wish they could have snuck in there was the one Jackson told in the "Hotel California" book, about some friend of Glenn and JD who was staying with them and researching the Manson family, and of course, then pissed the Manson family off, to the point they'd come creeping around outside their apartment, and Glenn would throw cups and empty milk cartons at them from the window to get them to shoo...