Page 218 of 273 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Glenn changed his voice a little when he said that and then he goes back to his normal voice.

When I was first watching it, I thought it was Bernie too because it didn't sound like Glenn. Closed caption did say Glenn saying that.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-20-2014 at 10:57 PM.

I think he was trying to do a "kid voice" in that it was what they said when they saw the video.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Talking Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I'm home sick today, so I consoled myself by watching the doc again. I have a question for all you eagle-maniacs out there. Of course this may require you to watch it again in order to answer (HUGE imposition - I know!)
    Towards the end when they are showing the original footage of How Long, there is a voice over by Glenn. Then another voice over that says something like "Hey Dad, you gotta come here and check out your hair!" That is Bernie saying that, right? It sounds like him, but I wasn't sure. He says something about my kids, and I know that Bernie only has one. There is quite a difference for him between then and now, hair-wise. I kinda liked all that crazy curly hair - haha.
    TH, first off I really hope you feel better! that Is a wonderful way to console yourself. I was home sick yesterday, I should've watched the doc! I was on facebook posting paul carrack and rolling stones videos - and photos of the stones in Abu Dhabi for tomorrow's show............. I always thought it was one of Glenn's kids that does that voice, but then again I am probably wrong, does anybody know the answer? thanks

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think he was trying to do a "kid voice" in that it was what they said when they saw the video.
    That makes sense - he does change his voice to mimic what other people are saying throughout the documentary.

Desperado - thanks - I am feeling better. I spent most of the day catching up on grading papers, enjoying season 3 of Game of Thrones, and then topped it off with some Eagles (like dessert! haha)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post

TH, first off I really hope you feel better! that Is a wonderful way to console yourself. I was home sick yesterday, I should've watched the doc! I was on facebook posting paul carrack and rolling stones videos - and photos of the stones in Abu Dhabi for tomorrow's show............. I always thought it was one of Glenn's kids that does that voice, but then again I am probably wrong, does anybody know the answer? thanks
    Please read Soda's post directly above yours.

I think about it. He tried to do a lot of voices in the documentary. His mother's, Glyn Johns, Don H(he needed to drop his voice a little), Joe and his children.

Some work, some didn't. LOL

Out on the Border

The "only" good thing about an extended illness is I have read this whole thread over the course of a month or so. You guys caught so much stuff I don't know that I would have caught! I'm basically only posting to keep following future posts on this one. I'm still sick - what do I read next?

Oh there was a photo of Don H that looked like Stevie Nicks was sitting in the ground next to him. He looked too young to have known Stevie & it was shown during the 1st album part of the doc. Anyone have anymore info on that one? Another photo that's out of chronological order?

Quote Originally Posted by ootn75 View Post

Oh there was a photo of Don H that looked like Stevie Nicks was sitting in the ground next to him. He looked too young to have known Stevie & it was shown during the 1st album part of the doc. Anyone have anymore info on that one? Another photo that's out of chronological order?
    I was wondering about that photo as well. Is it Stevie? It looks just like her. Tho Don looks like his 1976 self. Strange....

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

I must've missed this photo. About what time in the doc is it?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You know something. I wonder where Glenn and Don were interviewed at because both Don's and Glenn;s background looks like a black curtain. I wonder because the others in the documentary were either at their homes or at a recording studio. I always wonder about this.