Page 248 of 273 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Banned

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Did the Genesis documentary acknowledge the fact that after Steve Hackett left they turned absolutely horrendous?

I became an unashamed loyal Genesis fan after Steve Hackett left and have loved them, going backwards and forwards through their albums, ever since.

I enjoyed watching the documentary, evidently Tony (Banks) is the biggest a**hole in the band, I still love him. I must thank the rest of the band for putting up with him for the various lengths of time that they did.

Back to the Eagles. Wondering what their next release will be?

Genesis are promoting a new album or CD collection, named R Kive, which is basically just a playlist of the major Genesis tracks plus 3 solo tracks from each of it's members (well the main 5). So it's a pretty extensive collection.

I can't see the Eagles producing a new album soon, if ever, so the next Eagles album will be a compilation album.

Greatest Hits Again with some Long Road Out Of Eden tracks included for the first time. Joe mentioned, a few months ago,that they've also got a couple of new tracks in the can so I was expecting a new collection to be out for this Christmas. If you also throw in 3 tracks from each from their respective solo careers, as Genesis have done, and it could be a very desirable product.

It'll be good fun picking 3 tracks from Don, Glenn, Joe and Tim, sadly if they let Bernie and Randy join in, it'll be difficult to omit the excluded former guitarist.

Sorry to veer off topic. Not impressed with HOTE or more accurately HODH&GFOTEBLROOE (History Of Don Henley And Glen Frey Of The Eagles Before Long Road Out Of Eden)
    Last edited by Funk 50; 10-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Stuck on the Border

My fault for leading the thread off topic, but I was trying to compare the styles of the documentary making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It'll be good fun picking 3 tracks from Don, Glenn, Joe and Tim, sadly if they let Bernie and Randy join in, it'll be difficult to omit the excluded former guitarist.
    Good idea for a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I watched a couple of other music documentaries over the weekend - Duran Duran from 2000 and the new one from Genesis.
    How did you get to see the new Genesis one already? I'm a huge fan of their years w/Gabriel.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    How did you get to see the new Genesis one already? I'm a huge fan of their years w/Gabriel.
    The BBC showed it last night. In the US, it's being shown on Showtime on Friday.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I became an unashamed loyal Genesis fan after Steve Hackett left and have loved them, going backwards and forwards through their albums, ever since.

I enjoyed watching the documentary, evidently Tony (Banks) is the biggest a**hole in the band, I still love him. I must thank the rest of the band for putting up with him for the various lengths of time that they did.

Back to the Eagles. Wondering what their next release will be?

Genesis are promoting a new album or CD collection, named R Kive, which is basically just a playlist of the major Genesis tracks plus 3 solo tracks from each of it's members (well the main 5). So it's a pretty extensive collection.

I can't see the Eagles producing a new album soon, if ever, so the next Eagles album will be a compilation album.

Greatest Hits Again with some Long Road Out Of Eden tracks included for the first time. Joe mentioned, a few months ago,that they've also got a couple of new tracks in the can so I was expecting a new collection to be out for this Christmas. If you also throw in 3 tracks from each from their respective solo careers, as Genesis have done, and it could be a very desirable product.

Sorry to veer off topic. Not impressed with HOTE or more accurately HODH&GFOTEBLROOE (History Of Don Henley And Glen Frey Of The Eagles Before Long Road Out Of Eden)
    I'm afraid I see no point in that. I have never had any desire to see any solo tracks appearing on an Eagles compilation. I see that you do seem to acknowledge that it would be difficult to include the three former members. So you would have three arbirtrarily chosen tracks each & the reality is that Tim didn't really have any hits, although he released singles. Don's hits are on The Very Best Of, Glenn's are on Solo Collection & Joe's are on Look What I Did. There is not sufficient Eagles material to just stick say How Long & BBF on yet another compilation. Sorry, but I can't agree with constantly recycling the same stuff, for no real reason. As for Joe's comment about the new tracks I will believe that when I see it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 10-06-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Did the Genesis documentary acknowledge the fact that after Steve Hackett left they turned absolutely horrendous?
    I love the Phil Collins stuff. I may be in a minority, but I do.

I would suggest that any further comments on the Genesis documentary go here:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=3014

I don't think that this review has been posted yet: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...PRmUIzr4b9ganw

I adore Phil Collins and post-Gabriel Genesis!

Regarding a new album for the Eagles, I wouldn't mind them "Eagleizing" some solo material if it meant a new album. This indeed might make an interesting topic.

The documentary gave us little reason to believe a new album would happen, but as long as the band exists, there's hope!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I would absolutely love some new stuff! But there are several hits compilations, so I can't see another one. My hope, as has been stated by several on this board, is for a new live DVD.

Tjh532 took the words right out of my mouth...