Page 57 of 273 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I remember it, when I watch it tomorrow, if no one else figures out when, I'll write down the spot.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    We backed it up and played Glenn's imitation back to back with Glyn actually speaking and they sounded the same to all of us. Maybe we just picked a good part of what Glenn said.
    How much were you guys drinking again? lol

I'll watch out for the plane part. It's fun to try and spot things!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    How much were you guys drinking again? lol
    GOOD POINT!! There was a LOT of pink champagne and other wine involved.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

For those who never heard of the phrase "the heartbreak of psoriasis" and wondered what the heck Glenn was talking about in that old Super 8 clip c. 1974 (myself included until Brooke explained it to me) I found the old commercial online. It's the third one in this set, for Tegrin cream:

http://www.historicfilms.com/tapes/9782

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    For those who never heard of the phrase "the heartbreak of psoriasis" and wondered what the heck Glenn was talking about in that old Super 8 clip with JD Souther c. 1974 (myself included until Brooke explained it to me) I found the old commercial online. It's the third one in this set, for Tegrin cream:

http://www.historicfilms.com/tapes/9782

haha interesting! I didn't actually notice him say that..I'll have to watch out for it when I rewatch it. I notice new things every time I watch. I'm so mesmerized by the visuals, that I don't catch everything hehe.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    GOOD POINT!! There was a LOT of pink champagne and other wine involved.
    sounds like fun!
    I can't wait to get my friend over here to watch it with me!
    She needs to see what all the fuss is about. Until she sees it, I don't think she'll understand my insanity!

Finally got to see this yesterday. We don't have showtime. Went to my brother's to watch. Loved it. Especially the old footage with Randy and Bernie. Randy was such a cutie! Can't wait for the DVD.

Glyn Johns put me off in the doc. Thank god they got Bill Szymczyk in there. Not that Johns wasn't a good producer, but I totally dislike his being against the Eagles "rocking". They were way more than the band he wanted them to remain.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yes, me again with some more thoughts, lol.

The part with Randy and the joint on the plane is around the 8th minute. I've never smoked a joint so I don't know how that works, but he did remove it from his mouth quickly... of course, it was still quite visible in his hand so it was a rather futile gesture if he was trying not to be caught on camera.

You know, I noticed watching this that the director uses a lot of extreme mega-close-ups in this when interviewing Don and Glenn, like not even a full head shot but zoomed in from the middle of their chins to the middle of their foreheads. It's a bit much!

It's interesting how intense Bernie is when talking about the "beer-pouring incident" with Glenn... says he takes it very seriously and is not proud of it... but Glenn is chuckling when he recounts it. Looks like that's one fence that's been mended if Glenn can laugh about it after all these years.

I cannot freaking BELIEVE they interviewed Stevie Nicks and didn't use tales about her infamous "Love 'em and Lear 'em" trysts with Don in the 70s, or anything at all except that throwaway at the end. I can kind of understand them leaving her out of Part 2 because although she helped Joe, that was his solo stuff and kind of messy... but how can they not talk about her hooking up with Don in Part 1?!!!

SO COOL to see Long Run live footage. I have zero concert bootleg videos from that era.

I can't believe anyone shouted "Where's Randy?" at Timothy back in the day. HOW RUDE!

Surprisingly, the ICTYW video they use is lower quality than the one I have on the site in the sense that it has all these blips and cracks. You could find better quality versions of that on YouTube (until they get yanked)! Same for TLR, to a lesser extent. WTH??

Alan Cranston looked 90 in 1980. I looked it up and he was only 65 at the time - not much older than the Eagles are now. Bad genes I guess.

Re: the last show at Long Beach - I wish they had the audio of the "three more songs 'til I kick your a$$" exchange. I don't really understand the exchange on the doc without context about what they're referring to. Are we to assume Glenn is snarking on Felder about the way he talked to Cranston when he says "You're a real pro, Don, all the way"? If so, when Felder says to Glenn, "Yeah, you are [a real pro] too, the way you handle people. Except for the people you pay, nobody gives a $hit about it." - is Felder saying that other than Glenn and his entourage/personal assistants, nobody else thought Felder's comment was a big deal? (Note: I modified punctuation for more appropriate grammar, lol)

OK, that's the end of Part 1 so no more commentary tonight! lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Soda, I know how much you love Stevie, but let's face it, she really wasn't a huge part of Eagles history. Sure her affairs with Don and Joe make for some interesting and salacious stories, but they didn't really have any impact on the band. They didn't go into hardly any personal relationships, including the guys' own wives, so it would have seemed odd to me if they had gone into details about her affair with Don. The reality is, Stevie was just another girlfriend that had very little to do with anything that happened regarding the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016