Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reno, NV - 6/28/2012

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Reno, NV - 6/28/2012

Back Home after a great trip to Reno/Tahoe. We went out on Wednesday, stayed at Peppermill Resort.
    The Concert was at the Reno Events Center/Downtown Reno.
    Don came onstage about 8:15 and as he was walking out, tripped over a cable. He was looking down shaking his head (Like -who put that there) but was smiling at himself.
    He was in Jeans and Plaid Shirt. My sis said to me that he needs to update his wardrobe...LOL... I dont really care what he Wears!!!
    After the first set (End of the Innocence) he asked the crowd Not to Video the concert, that is an infringement of copyright laws, etc.... Then he said "Thats the lecture for tonight"
    He did not introduce the band except to mention Stuert Smith and the Bass Player during one song (Cant remember which one)
    Don mentioned it was the Eagles 40th anniversary this year and that they were all working on solo projects. Then he said "Go Figure" He said he has finished a Country album and it would be out this fall.... (yeah, right)
    Show was approximately 1 1/2hr with 1 Encore....
    The venue was really nice, could seat approximately 6000. Someone said they had sold approx 3000 tickets.
    Security was on top of people trying to video and also telling people to please sit during the concert. This made for a very enjoyable experience just being able to absorb the music and Don!
    I did get some pics, but as I wear glasses for distance, I take lousy pics cause I cant really see my camera screen close up.... I will try to post some later.
    Set List:
    End of the Innocence
    Dirty Laundry
    Long Run
    Sunset Grill
    Witchy Woman
    Everything is Different Now (That one surprised me)
    NY Minute
    Last Worthless Evening
    One of These Nights
    Rule the World
    Heart of the Matter
    Boys of Summer
    All She wants to do is Dance
    Life in the Fastlane
    ENCORE:
    Hotel California
    Desperado

We spent the Days (Thurs, Fri, Sat) at Lake Tahoe and it was Beautiful. The weather was great (80's No Humidity) Went on a boat ride, Sat on the Beach, Had some great meals, met some nice people.
    I would recommend Reno/Tahoe as a vacation spot. It was a lot of fun and easy to get around.

Kate.

Default Re: Reno, NV - 6/28/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Back Home after a great trip to Reno/Tahoe. We went out on Wednesday, stayed at Peppermill Resort.
    The Concert was at the Reno Events Center/Downtown Reno.
    Don came onstage about 8:15 and as he was walking out, tripped over a cable. He was looking down shaking his head (Like -who put that there) but was smiling at himself.
    He was in Jeans and Plaid Shirt. My sis said to me that he needs to update his wardrobe...LOL... I dont really care what he Wears!!!
    After the first set (End of the Innocence) he asked the crowd Not to Video the concert, that is an infringement of copyright laws, etc.... Then he said "Thats the lecture for tonight"
    He did not introduce the band except to mention Stuert Smith and the Bass Player during one song (Cant remember which one)
    Don mentioned it was the Eagles 40th anniversary this year and that they were all working on solo projects. Then he said "Go Figure" He said he has finished a Country album and it would be out this fall.... (yeah, right)
    Show was approximately 1 1/2hr with 1 Encore....
    The venue was really nice, could seat approximately 6000. Someone said they had sold approx 3000 tickets.
    Security was on top of people trying to video and also telling people to please sit during the concert. This made for a very enjoyable experience just being able to absorb the music and Don!
    I did get some pics, but as I wear glasses for distance, I take lousy pics cause I cant really see my camera screen close up.... I will try to post some later.
    Set List:
    End of the Innocence
    Dirty Laundry
    Long Run
    Sunset Grill
    Witchy Woman
    Everything is Different Now (That one surprised me)
    NY Minute
    Last Worthless Evening
    One of These Nights
    Rule the World
    Heart of the Matter
    Boys of Summer
    All She wants to do is Dance
    Life in the Fastlane
    ENCORE:
    Hotel California
    Desperado

We spent the Days (Thurs, Fri, Sat) at Lake Tahoe and it was Beautiful. The weather was great (80's No Humidity) Went on a boat ride, Sat on the Beach, Had some great meals, met some nice people.
    I would recommend Reno/Tahoe as a vacation spot. It was a lot of fun and easy to get around.

Kate.
    Sounds like a super evening for you, Kate..he did Witchy Woman?? That is one of my faves and it was missing from the F1 Tour, it would have made that DVD experience complete for me..they need to include it in the next set list.

Don't you think his voice has gotten so much better with age?! I noticed it with Waiting in the Weeds and LROOE more..two of my new faves by the way.

Ah, Don's thing about copyright..but had no problem with photos?? Well, that's his prerogative.

A friend of mine lives in Nevada, lucky you getting the heat, it's 7 C hwere I live this morning, brrrr!!! Glad you soaked up some rays, it sounds like a nice relaxing trip
    I See what You see...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Safe home Kate! I'm dying to hear all about Don's show too! Did you manage to take any pictures?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

sounds like an awesome show Kate...I'm very jealous!!!...glad you had a great time in addition to Don's show...he needs to visit us in the east!!

Thanks for your review, Kate! Glad you had a good time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great review Kate! Glad you had a good time and Don was sounding great!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the review!

Exciting news about Don's album coming out in the fall... although, like Kate, I wouldn't be too surprised if that date is pushed back yet again. But surely it will come out SOMETIME and the closer the date he gives, the better the chances are that it'll be sooner rather than later.

The "Go figure" comment about them all doing solo projects during the band's 40th anniversary made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    Ah, Don's thing about copyright..but had no problem with photos?? Well, that's his prerogative.
    If I take a photo, it's copyrighted to me. The "no photos allowed" issue is a separate one from the copyright issue. When I take photos where photography is forbidden by the venue, I am not violating copyright; I am violating venue policy, like smoking in a non-smoking area. As for the artist, he can't stop you from taking photos - he can just ask you to refrain and hope you respect his wishes.

The reason for this is that a person can't copyright his body. He didn't create himself! lol

He can stop images of himself being used for commercial purposes to a certain degree - for instance, I can't take a photo of Don Henley wearing a certain brand of plaid shirt and then use it on advertisements for that brand of plaid shirt without his consent. Even that is not a copyright issue; it's under rights of publicity. The problem was not that I took the photo, but that I attempted to use it to promote a product/service/etc.

However, there are exceptions even to that. As TMZ, The Enquirer, and similar media outlets attest, photos of public figures can indeed be sold by the photographer and used to sell papers/get hits on websites without the subject's permission.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    sounds like an awesome show Kate...I'm very jealous!!!...glad you had a great time in addition to Don's show...he needs to visit us in the east!!
    I second every single word of your post, Zelda!!!

Thank you, Kate!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Pictures of Don in concert last week!

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gal...Henley+in+Reno
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks for the review and your impressions, Kate. Sounds like a really great time. Looking forward to you feedback on Joe's show on the 15th! Have a wonderful time.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love