Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles-Atlantic City, NJ;Sept. 1-Sept. 2, 2012

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles-Atlantic City, NJ;Sept. 1-Sept. 2, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You don't have to watch the opening act, you know. You can stay outside in the bar.
    Not what I paid for.
    How bout the people who paid $ 995.00 for first row to see the eagles.
    not some opening act not mentioned when tickets were sold.
    Thats what I dont like.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    Not what I paid for.
    How bout the people who paid $ 995.00 for first row to see the eagles.
    not some opening act not mentioned when tickets were sold.
    Thats what I dont like.
    We'll get our money's worth, same amount of Eagle time as without a warm-up band. We just won't get it until 8:45 - 9pm.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    We'll get our money's worth, same amount of Eagle time as without a warm-up band. We just won't get it until 8:45 - 9pm.
    Va

Hope you are right.

I am so looking forward to it and visiting w you and Soda, HH, etc.
    You guys really make it fun for JAhh and I. It just ads another demension .
    How many days till we go??????

Ps. LONG baby shower..lol no coffee or wine..lol. The momma looked so cute but they bought her a dress and made her change>

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

28 days!!! I can't wait!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    28 days!!! I can't wait!!
    thanks Va ..
    I "m bad at keeping count.lol I just wanna go......are we there yet??

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I'll put in my two cents about for JD & the Straight shots. I've seen them (him) open for the Eagles in Louisville, KY and for DH in Foxwoods. I've never known them to give advance notice of his performance. It's a hit or miss kind of event -- mostly I'd like to miss it, but he is sort of entertaining in that he really doesn't care if you like him or not. He puts it right out there and just does his thing on stage. Love him or hate him, it doesn't really matter to him -- but I'm hoping he forgoes his rousing rendition of his song --- "Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that cigarette".
    I get the impression he doesn't give a big bears A$$ if anybody "gets him" or not. He's having fun up there and that's what its all about for him.
    In my experience, though, his opening does not change their start time. His band starts early and they change out the stage long before the Eagles start time --- which I think is 8:30 at the Revel.

As far as I'm concerned -- it's all good. If I have to sit through JD to get the the "heart of the matter" -- no problem. I'll do it gladly.

it's all good...as long as I get to see my guys

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'll put in my two cents about for JD & the Straight shots. I've seen them (him) open for the Eagles in Louisville, KY and for DH in Foxwoods. I've never known them to give advance notice of his performance. It's a hit or miss kind of event -- mostly I'd like to miss it, but he is sort of entertaining in that he really doesn't care if you like him or not. He puts it right out there and just does his thing on stage. Love him or hate him, it doesn't really matter to him -- but I'm hoping he forgoes his rousing rendition of his song --- "Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that cigarette".
    I get the impression he doesn't give a big bears A$$ if anybody "gets him" or not. He's having fun up there and that's what its all about for him.
    In my experience, though, his opening does not change their start time. His band starts early and they change out the stage long before the Eagles start time --- which I think is 8:30 at the Revel.

As far as I'm concerned -- it's all good. If I have to sit through JD to get the the "heart of the matter" -- no problem. I'll do it gladly.

Thanks HH.
    You always put things in perspective.

I just hate being a "captive" audience cause I am waiting for the "heart of the MAtter". Know what I mean?? Life is too short and I am getting too old to waste my time with a spoiled guys who 's daddy's money gets him a chance to play "rock star" .
    Ok that being said...guess I"ll get off my soap box about them .

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm with ya, HH! And, of course, Option B is to stand out in the lobby with drink in hand socializing with your buds until it's time for the "heart of the matter"! As you said - it's all good.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've seen JD and the Straight Shots three times - twice opening for the Eagles and once opening for Don. In my opinion, they're not any worse or better than your average bar band.

While it's a bit galling to know that the guy is up there simply because of his connections and money rather than his talent, it's otherwise no worse than passing your time before the show in a club or lounge with generic live music. If JD &Co. really make your ears bleed, you can just be elsewhere until they're off the stage.

It won't affect the length or cost of the Eagles show, so to me, it's nothing more than an annoyance.

Now, if they were cutting into Eagles time, that would be another matter! However, that's not the case. The Eagles haven't played a full-length set in over a year, regardless of whether or not JD was around.

Consider him a "free appetizer" to the main meal... an appetizer that doesn't really taste all that great and that most people will leave on the table uneaten.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten