Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biloxi, MS 7-13-12

Default Re: Biloxi, MS 7-13-12

Glad you enjoyed Don's show WC...and cool that he came back out and signed autographs!...he is coming to Niagara Falls in Aug, but I don't know if I could get anyone to go with me..

Glad to hear it was great!

Very cool about the autograph too!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Glad you had a good time, Whitcap!

I'm a little hesitant to say this, but it does seem strange to me that Felder would perform Take It Easy, Witchy Woman and Peaceful Easy Feeling - all of which were from before he joined the Eagles. I do understand that he originally played on and in some cases co-wrote many other Eagles songs and might want to include them in a solo concert (and might enjoy singing stuff he didn't get to do lead vocals on during the band days), but I just don't quite "get" the inclusion of those 3. They don't stand out as being "guitar hero" material, either. Instead, they are all absolutely iconic Eagles songs that in my mind are indelibly associated with Frey and Henley.

With so many other Eagles songs in his setlist, I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to branch out and include something really different...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post

I'm a little hesitant to say this, but it does seem strange to me that Felder would perform Take It Easy, Witchy Woman and Peaceful Easy Feeling - all of which were from before he joined the Eagles. I do understand that he originally played on and in some cases co-wrote many other Eagles songs and might want to include them in a solo concert (and might enjoy singing stuff he didn't get to do lead vocals on during the band days), but I just don't quite "get" the inclusion of those 3. They don't stand out as being "guitar hero" material, either. Instead, they are all absolutely iconic Eagles songs that in my mind are indelibly associated with Frey and Henley.

With so many other Eagles songs in his setlist, I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to branch out and include something really different...
    He also does Tequila Sunrise, which he also didn't play on and which is also not a 'guitar hero' song.

He used to do Stevie Wonder's Superstition. If he did more covers by other artists it would draw attention to the dearth of material that he can currently use.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post

EK - ITA with you about this and have said pretty much the same thing on the board several times. I really hope that with his new album coming out, Don will drop the songs you mentioned from his setlist and play more stuff from the new album. Or at least, as you said, perform Eagles songs that he was part of recording and that showcase his guitar skills more.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016