Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

I am having such a hard time!!! I agree with Sally Gee in that I hate to see any song I saw him do live get voted off...don't know why that is really...that being said...I really hate the thought of Make You Feel My Love getting voted off...I know he didn't write it...but of all the songs I've ever heard him sing...I don't think there is any he does more beautifully than this...I go all gooey inside when I hear him sing it!!...if I ever heard him do this one live I would definitely

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I am having such a hard time!!! I agree with Sally Gee in that I hate to see any song I saw him do live get voted off...don't know why that is really...that being said...I really hate the thought of Make You Feel My Love getting voted off...I know he didn't write it...but of all the songs I've ever heard him sing...I don't think there is any he does more beautifully than this...I go all gooey inside when I hear him sing it!!...if I ever heard him do this one live I would definitely
    If he ever sang this live, he would have a lot of women fainting! Timothy can deliver a love song like nobody else...that's for sure...
    Please save "Make You Feel My Love"

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

It looks like A Good Day needs saving, not WBFS, which only has one vote!

MYFML is beautifully sung. However, when I hear this song, I associate it with the movie Hope Floats and Garth Brooks. So no matter how lovely TBS sounds, to me, this song isn't him. Yes, I know its a Dylan song... but still, I do not connect this song with TBS, so it's hard for me to want to keep it.

TS has one vote and is probably my next least favorite to go. After that, oy! I love all the others in such a unique and personal way. Some speak to me better than others depending on my mood.

I'm sad to see so many votes for AGD, because it's such a happy and upbeat song. I love the simplistic and enjoyable energy that goes into the song.

No vote yet, seems people are all over the place... not sure what to do, but I certainly am not ready for AGD to be gone yet...

I realy think it's a beautiful song, and Timothy does an awesome job, but to save A Good Day and White Boy,
    I vote for Make You Feel My Love

Time to shift gears here, I see. Obviously WBFS isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I cast my vote this round for A Good Day.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    It looks like A Good Day needs saving, not WBFS, which only has one vote!

MYFML is beautifully sung. However, when I hear this song, I associate it with the movie Hope Floats and Garth Brooks. So no matter how lovely TBS sounds, to me, this song isn't him. Yes, I know its a Dylan song... but still, I do not connect this song with TBS, so it's hard for me to want to keep it.

TS has one vote and is probably my next least favorite to go. After that, oy! I love all the others in such a unique and personal way. Some speak to me better than others depending on my mood.

I'm sad to see so many votes for AGD, because it's such a happy and upbeat song. I love the simplistic and enjoyable energy that goes into the song.

No vote yet, seems people are all over the place... not sure what to do, but I certainly am not ready for AGD to be gone yet...
    I could not even FIND Garth Brooks version of MYFML because there are hundreds of wanna be's on there singing the song using Garth's name to try to get hits on their You Tube singing. I don't even remember that movie 'Hope Floats" but I think I did see it. Don't remember Garth singing it in the movie, but if TBS wants to sing it, then I can associate it with him.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Topkat, I think it's probably listed under Trisha Yearwood, if I recall correctly. The movie had Harry Conick Jr and Sandra Bullock in it... for a long time, I thought it was Harry singing... not because of the voice, just again, because of the movie association.

The time has come to vote, I vote for Make You Feel My Love!

If anyone out there is a huge fan of A Good Day, please try to save it's in danger! WBFS only has one vote and doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

Save A GOOD DAY!

Vote OFF Make You Feel My Love.

Count me among those who love "A Good Day"! Yeah, it's got a country flavor which some aren't a fan of, but that flavor communicates laid-back fun. It's also got a great tune, terrific harmonies, and makes me smile every time I hear it.... especially the chorus. "When the sun creeps in and the fog rolls out, and the trees stretch up beyond a shadow's doubt" - what clever and original lyrics to conjure up his visual! "We can learn the secrets of the universe and get wet while we try" - again, an original take on expressing emotion. I appreciate that kind of creativity.

Plus, like I said before, Timothy didn't write MYFML and it's been covered by a gazillion people until it's absolutely ubiquitous. Let's prioritize Tim's original music.

I cast my vote for Make You Feel My Love.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very well put, Soda. I agree that A Good Day should get by for at least one more round. I also love those lyrics you quoted. I normally don't care whether a song is a cover or not and the only time I take it into consideration is when I think all other things are equal. So, in this case, I'm also going with the song that Tim penned himself ...

I cast my vote for Make You Feel My Love.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I vote Make You Feel My Love