Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 427

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

  1. #281
    Stuck on the Border Prettymaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out on that horizon
    Posts
    11,244

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Whitcap, I'll bet your relieved to finally be able to vote for something different this round!
    ~ Cathy ~

    And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

  2. #282
    Stuck on the Border zeldabjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    5,654

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    This is like pulling off a band-aid. Just do it fast and it won't hurt so much


    I vote for Every Song Is You


    Nope. Still hurts.
    It's all gonna hurt from now on!!

  3. #283
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    If it will help A Good Day, I vote for Every Song Is You.

  4. #284
    Stuck on the Border Prettymaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out on that horizon
    Posts
    11,244

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    I was just reading this interview and found this part interesting, since we were just addressing the 'what songs would Timothy like best in this game' question.

    Let's jump ahead here. You're going to tour behind your solo record, Expando, which came out in 2009.

    "That's right. You know, here's the thing: That record wasn't heard by a lot of people. It didn't get the shot it should've gotten at the time, the best promotion and what not. And the bottom line is, I wanna play. So it might be presented that I'm touring being my latest release, but in reality, the set is Expando-heavy because I really like a lot of those songs."
    ~ Cathy ~

    And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

  5. #285
    Stuck on the Border Topkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,320

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I was just reading this interview and found this part interesting, since we were just addressing the 'what songs would Timothy like best in this game' question.

    Let's jump ahead here. You're going to tour behind your solo record, Expando, which came out in 2009.

    "That's right. You know, here's the thing: That record wasn't heard by a lot of people. It didn't get the shot it should've gotten at the time, the best promotion and what not. And the bottom line is, I wanna play. So it might be presented that I'm touring being my latest release, but in reality, the set is Expando-heavy because I really like a lot of those songs."
    Let's face the facts here, what is he going to say??? Expando is his newest album, & he's promoting it, so of course he's going to say something like that. That is not saying he prefers all these songs over all his other older songs.
    I would not say he's saying these are his BEST or FAVORITE songs. This statement is typical promotional interview talk, nothing more.

    I won't be basing my votes on this statement. Some of his older songs are better than some of the songs on Expando. Actually, I do think Timothy's best song is "Keep On Tryin" from his Poco days. That song has become a classic as well. They even used it on the tv show Bones, which brought many Bones fans to look it up & view it on YouTube. It brought many young fans to see it, who were not even born when it was made.

  6. #286
    Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,617

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    I vote for The Shadow.

    This is my least favorite of the remaining songs, so its an easy round for me.

  7. #287
    Stuck on the Border Koala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,204

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    wow, I've missed a lot!
    I cast my vote for A Good Day
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)


  8. #288
    Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Waiting in the weeds of Northern Indiana
    Posts
    11,565

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I was just reading this interview and found this part interesting, since we were just addressing the 'what songs would Timothy like best in this game' question.

    Let's jump ahead here. You're going to tour behind your solo record, Expando, which came out in 2009.

    "That's right. You know, here's the thing: That record wasn't heard by a lot of people. It didn't get the shot it should've gotten at the time, the best promotion and what not. And the bottom line is, I wanna play. So it might be presented that I'm touring being my latest release, but in reality, the set is Expando-heavy because I really like a lot of those songs."
    Thanks for finding this again, PM!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    Let's face the facts here, what is he going to say??? Expando is his newest album, & he's promoting it, so of course he's going to say something like that. That is not saying he prefers all these songs over all his other older songs.
    I would not say he's saying these are his BEST or FAVORITE songs. This statement is typical promotional interview talk, nothing more.

    I won't be basing my votes on this statement. Some of his older songs are better than some of the songs on Expando. Actually, I do think Timothy's best song is "Keep On Tryin" from his Poco days. That song has become a classic as well. They even used it on the tv show Bones, which brought many Bones fans to look it up & view it on YouTube. It brought many young fans to see it, who were not even born when it was made.
    I totally get that whenever an artist is promoting an album, it's "my best work ever, etc...." BUT I think in this case, he truly believes it is if for no other reason than the fact we've heard over and over and over how these are his songs, written, arranged, etc...the way he wants to do them. Every interview he talked about how these songs were the songs he's wanted to do for years because he had complete control of the whole project. Therefore, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that this is not his favorite album/songs he's ever recorded.

    That being said, I don't agree with you Timothy. Seriously, a lot of them are favorites of mine and it is indeed my favorite album BUT the song I've been voting for forever now is one of my least faves.

    Sticking with A Good Day!!! Sooner or later it's gotta go. I'm really looking forward to moving on on my list.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

  9. #289
    Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Waiting in the weeds of Northern Indiana
    Posts
    11,565

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    lol Willie - I've thought the same thing before. I'm sure Tim would give you give you a nice gentle back massage to relieve your stress and tell you to just vote for whatever Dreamer wants you too.
    Excuse me? Did you say something after "Tim massaging my back", Dreamer?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

  10. #290
    Stuck on the Border Topkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,320

    Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

    Originally Posted by; TimothyBFan
    I totally get that whenever an artist is promoting an album, it's "my best work ever, etc...." BUT I think in this case, he truly believes it is if for no other reason than the fact we've heard over and over and over how these are his songs, written, arranged, etc...the way he wants to do them. Every interview he talked about how these songs were the songs he's wanted to do for years because he had complete control of the whole project. Therefore, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that this is not his favorite album/songs he's ever recorded.

    That being said, I don't agree with you Timothy. Seriously, a lot of them are favorites of mine and it is indeed my favorite album BUT the song I've been voting for forever now is one of my least faves.

    Sticking with A Good Day!!! Sooner or later it's gotta go. I'm really looking forward to moving on on my list.
    I do agree with you in that Timothy had complete control over this album & he is proud of what he's done here. Many of the songs on EXPANDO are fabulous & I see there is a lot of loyalty to the Expando album here on the board, but I don't think that every song on the album is his best work. That's just my opinion.

    A Good Day is a song that I had completely forgotten he performed at the live show. I think when he did the song, I had to ask someone what song this was, and they didn't know either. I just find this a middle of the road song, that to me just doesn't hold up to some of the others on Expando.
    Therefore, I must cast my vote again for;

    A GOOD DAY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •