Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Glad to see I pull so much weight around here that everyone listens to me (or NO ONE!).

I know what you guys mean--this is a hard one! Seems we are all all over the place this game.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol, Willie! It seems like it usually goes that way for me, too!

I love the Expando album and don't want any of it to go yet either. Actually, Parachute has been stuck in my head for days and I'm beginning to not like it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Willie, Don't feel bad, I have zero influence on anybody here either. Every time I try to save a song, it goes down! I am not going to even say what songs I want to try to save for fear they will be eliminated!!!

Stuck on the Border

Well thanks to the people who said I convinced them (we don't actually know if I convinced Dreamer yet). This has to be a first for me in a Tim Survivor game. I don't say much about his songs normally! Be glad the game does not feature After Hours (if we do that) because I will find it very hard to keep quiet.

I'm just a whilte boy from Sacramento
    I'm not too funky, or so I'm told
    I'm on the level - I'm incognito
    I'm just a white boy from Sacramento

I mean who knew he could send himself up like this along with that whole 50s suburban Californian lifestyle? And when he does the 'warm & fuzzy' bit I wonder if he has 'people' reading this board.

I should say something that I don't normally say, which is that I love the Expando album & will tend to be protective of all its songs including Friday Night which is my least favourite of the Expando songs in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Hmmm, toss up between Make You Feel My Love and Down By the River. I waiting to vote, to see if WBFS can be saved. Really though, it's a wasted vote, so I won't vote for it now... but if it mattered, The Shadow would be next on my list. (ducks and runs)

I love WBFS, because not only is it fun, but I love that TBS stepped out of his comfort zone to do something unique to his usual style. I also love that he shared his life with us, that little bit of autobiographical humor is very endearing to me. This is probably why I love Expando so much, he really tells us some life stories through his lyrics in several of those songs.

We shall see where the round goes...
    Omg...you'd better duck and run!!!...I adore The Shadow.....but I totally agree with you about WBFS...whenever it comes on...I get the biggest smile on my face...it is very endearing...but then all of Expando is to me....this is gonna get ugly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well thanks to the people who said I convinced them (we don't actually know if I convinced Dreamer yet). This has to be a first for me in a Tim Survivor game. I don't say much about his songs normally! Be glad the game does not feature After Hours (if we do that) because I will find it very hard to keep quiet.

I'm just a whilte boy from Sacramento
    I'm not too funky, or so I'm told
    I'm on the level - I'm incognito
    I'm just a white boy from Sacramento

I mean who knew he could send himself up like this along with that whole 50s suburban Californian lifestyle? And when he does the 'warm & fuzzy' bit I wonder if he has 'people' reading this board.

I should say something that I don't normally say, which is that I love the Expando album & will tend to be protective of all its songs including Friday Night which is my least favourite of the Expando songs in this game.
    I wonder what he would think if he saw our little game and all it's comments?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well gosh everyone - thanks for nothing. You haven't helped me at all and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Just joking of course, and I am taking everyone's comments into consideration. I still haven't definitely decided what to vote for this round, but I don't think I'm ready to eliminate WBFS yet. However, unlike many of you, I don't have any particular allegiance to any song just because it is on Expando. I just think it is a really good song that really shows a different side of Tim. I love Expando, but I think there are some songs in the game that are better than some of the Expando songs. I'm not even sure that my favorite song is on Expando, but it's a close call, that's for sure. I'll probably vote for either A Good Day or Make You Feel My Love this round, but I'm going to wait a while longer before deciding for sure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I probably won't be able to make up my mind until 7:59 PM!

Voting for DOWN BY THE RIVER
    Although I like the jazzy feel to this song, it really doesn't do much for me.
    I'm hoping others will vote along with me on this one to save some of these other songs that are up for elimination this round!!! PLEEEEEASE

I know that many of you are very torn this round as to what to vote for as there are several songs on the chopping block. There are still many votes that have not been cast yet.

If you are trying to save a song here, (it doesn't even matter which one) I strongly urge you to form an ALLIANCE with me to save whatever song you want....

If you are not MADLY in LOVE with DOWN BY THE RIVER, Please vote for it & we can save the songs that are up on the block!! This is a song that probably should have already been voted out, but has slipped by! It has no chance to win this. If you can part with this song, you can SAVE whichever song you are nuts about that already has 1 or 2 votes!! Come on.....make a move!! Don't be afraid to form an alliance! That how it is played in the real game of Survivor!