Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Here you claim, you will only vote for ‘Down by the river’ if someone else breaks the tie first. Then, in the end, you cast the tie-breaking vote. As a fellow player, I find your deception here to be insulting, particularly coming from someone who is always so quick to pass judgment on others in these games.
    Dreamer , I feel I should step in here because I feel you are being much too harsh... I am the one who encouraged an alliance to take down "Down By the River" & I encouraged UK to break the tie here being that UK didn't even think this song should be in the running!!!
    I encouraged an alliance to save a few other songs that had 1 or 2 votes. The alliance is a big part of Survivor!
    I'm sorry that you are not happy that my little alliance worked & DBTR got the boot, but these things happen.

I don't feel there was any deception going on here! It was all out in the open...... Just because someone votes for a song 2 or 3 times in the game, doesn't mean they have to continue to vote for that song & Nobody is OBLIGATED to continue to vote for a song that they have voted for in the past or until it is voted off...
    Sorry but that's the game!
    The idea here, was to try to convince people to vote a certain way & everyone has a right to vote however they please.
    I think you are taking this game way too seriously....
    Please, you need to let things go. It happened the way it happened!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I'm sorry that you are not happy that my little alliance worked & DBTR got the boot, but these things happen.

I don't feel there was any deception going on here! It was all out in the open...... Just because someone votes for a song 2 or 3 times in the game, doesn't mean they have to continue to vote for that song & Nobody is OBLIGATED to continue to vote for a song that they have voted for in the past or until it is voted off...
    Sorry but that's the game!
    TK - You apparently misread my post, because I specifically stated that my complaint was not about the alliance or the final results of the round. I think you misinterpreted what I meant. Here's what I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    First of all, I want to stress that this post isn’t about what song you voted for or how you voted, or that you changed your vote. We have repeatedly said people have the right to vote however they want, including changing their mind if they wish.
    In any event, I agree this game is supposed to be fun, so let's get on with it. I'm thinking this round is going to be a showdown between Make You Feel My Love, A Good Day, or White Boy From Sacramento. I will join a coalition to continue to save WBFS. So let's see if we can get this coalition to stick ...

SAVE WHITE BOY FROM SACRAMENTO!!!

VOTE FOR MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow, I remember when these Survivor games used to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Really though, it's a wasted vote, so I won't vote for it now... but if it mattered, The Shadow would be next on my list. (ducks and runs)
    Look at my post (#90). I'm ready to vote for The Shadow any time. (Brooke has already voted for it )

But, for this round, I will vote for Make You Feel My Love.

Sorry Jackson!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Wow, I remember when these Survivor games used to be fun.
    You got that right!!!!

I personally find no fault with alliances and quite honestly, could care less which song gets voted off throughout the GAME, because it is only a game and rather everyone else likes my same songs or not, means absolutely NOTHING to me because I will listen to whatever song I want, when I want to.

BUT- what I have found the last few games we played is that there seems to be a few players (and I truly believe we all know who I am talking about) that continuously want to make waves and criticize what others might say or do. Those same individuals seem to think they know it all and that everyone should agree with them. It's not always what is said, but the tone and how it is said. And that last part doesn't happen only in the Survivor games, but I see that happening all over this board. NOW THAT IRKS ME!!!!!

I love this board and I have made some very good friends over the years while here so therefore, I feel I have the right to state my opinion here. What a shame that I had to make this statement.

I will stick with the next song that is on my list...

I vote for A Good Day.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Dreamer, I did reread the post & I do think I know what you were bothered about, but I guess we should just get on with the game....

Yes, I agree it should be FUN. We all like different songs here & I hope that I haven't offended anyone here.

That said, I am hoping against hope to save "Make You Feel My Love" and "White Boy from Sacramento"
    Now I know that "MYFML" is a cover, & I guess some people don't like that fact, but I do think that Timothy sings this song beautifully.

Please vote for "A GOOD DAY"
    My reason is that this is the only song that Timothy seems to have left off his solo tour! I'm not sure why??? In any case, I do think this should be the next to go.

TopKat, I think you made a mistake. He did do A Good Day on his solo tour. The song he did not do was Melancholy. I hope that wasn't your only reason for voting for it. I don't want to vote for any of the songs I saw him sing live. I think there's only 2 more. Then it's really going to be hard!

To Save White Boy.. I vote for Make You Feel My Love

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Darn, I missed a round.

By golly, FP, you convinced me! Oh - you were trying to convince Dreamer? Oh well, guess I was paying attention.

The only reason I had MYFML ahead of WBFS was because of the Jackson Browne factor, but because I still consider this the muddy middle, I am very open to persuasion. I wouldn't stick around to listen to the end of either one, but because of FP's apt review of White Boy from San Francisco, I will vote for Make You Feel My Love.
    What is the Jackson Browne factor?

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    TopKat, I think you made a mistake. He did do A Good Day on his solo tour. The song he did not do was Melancholy. I hope that wasn't your only reason for voting for it. I don't want to vote for any of the songs I saw him sing live. I think there's only 2 more. Then it's really going to be hard!
    Oh no, my mistake, Why do I not remember him doing this song at the show? Sorry...Anyway, I stand by the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    What is the Jackson Browne factor?
    Oops, sorry, I'm thinking of Let It Be Me! Oh well...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.