Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebration of "Natural Progressions"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "Natural Progressions"

I've listened to this quite a few times now and I like it but there's nothing much that stands out. I love the guitar, the vocals and the "feel" but the lyrics and melodies are a bit too obvious. I doubt Bernie had a backlog of great songs that he couldn't get on an Eagles albums and I also think he wrote better songs within the Eagles.

My favourites are "Glass Off" and "Rotation".

I'll look out for "Mirror" but I'm not going to pay a ridiculous price for it.

I really like "As Time Goes On."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Why did it take me so long to listen to this album?! It's excellent. Very different to what I expected though - I guess the title made me think it would be an instrumental, primarily acoustic album.

Now I must go find out more: producer, other musicians, etc.

I'm glad you reminded me of this album. I've only listened to a few tracks--it has a certain 70s easy listening vibe. It didn't impress me a whole lot TBH, but I really haven't given it a chance either. I'll have to give some more listens.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Happy Birthday to Natural Progressions!!--the first "solo" release by a former Eagle (actually a collaboration with Michael Georgiades).

My favorite songs are "How Can You Live Without Love" and "Rotation"; I really like "You're the Singer" too, although Bernie doesn't sing it, nor did he write it. The other songs are nice and pleasant.

Something interesting is that Bryan Garofalo played bass on this album. That's at least 4 Eagles he's worked with--Bernie, Joe, Randy and Glenn. I bet he has some good insight about their creative process, etc.

Bernie certainly cultivated and maintained some working relationships via his Eagles tenure--Glyn Johns produced the album and Gary Burden designed the cover.

Also, according to Allmusic.com, Irving Azoff has a credit for vocals! It doesn't say which song(s).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The older I get, the more moved I am by "As Time Goes On", especially this line: "We don't have to win it all to justify our lives."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten