Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallsview 8/01/2012

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Fallsview 8/01/2012

A review of Don's show at Fallsview earlier this month.

http://www.backstageaxxess.com/backs...on-Felder-2012
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Fallsview 8/01/2012

Thanks Va,
    I enjoyed reading that and the pictures. I was wondering how many songs he actually had a hand in writing besides HC which everyone knows.
    Or did he do a show of songs Henley and fry wrote.
    Just wondering and thought this was a good place to ask the question. I am sure my boarder friends will have an opinion

thanks

tt

Stuck on the Border

In his show he plays three songs in which he has a writing credit. They are Hotel California, Victim Of Love & Those Shoes. These are in fact the ONLY Eagles songs apart from The Disco Strangler, Visions & Too Many Hands on which he has a writing credit. As has been noted by others elsewhere, he plays some songs, like Tequila Sunrise, Peaceful Easy Feeling & Witchy Woman, where he didn't even play on the original recording.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-14-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Yeah, he needs to ditch the pre-Felder-Eagles songs, methinks. I don't have a problem with him doing his co-writes, but doing the others seems tacky considering what went down. He could replace them with more stuff off his new album.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In his show he plays three songs in which he has a writing credit. They are Hotel California, Victim Of Love & Those Shoes. These are in fact the ONLY Eagles songs apart from Visions & Too Many Hands on which he has a writing credit. As has been noted by others elsewhere, he plays some songs, like Tequila Sunrise, Peaceful Easy Feeling & Witchy Woman, where he didn't even play on the original recording.
    Thank you fp.

I thought that he had only three songs with songwriting credit on, but I didnt trust my memory and I was too lazy to take the time to look it up.
    I couldnt understand why this guy was writing a review of
    all the songs he did like he owend them or wrote them. I thought that they were written by DOn, Glenn , Joe , Jack And Jackson .( I am sure there are others I have left out and will hear about it here)

He needs to let it all go since from what I read, he was brought in cause Bernie couldnt do all the insturments at live shows that he could play and lay the track down then play another insturment like when he recorded.
    Plus if you read his book, I think he lost sight that it was DON H and Glenn's band from the begining (even though Meisner and Leadon were there too)
    DOnt miss understand me , I am not making light of the mans contrabutions to the band or music...but let it go. Play your new music ...,great but dont rehash things you never were even apart of originally just to fill up your live show.

SUre I am gonna hear feed back on the above , but it borthered me that most of his new show, was old stuff he didnt even write.

TT

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, he needs to ditch the pre-Felder-Eagles songs, methinks. I don't have a problem with him doing his co-writes, but doing the others seems tacky considering what went down. He could replace them with more stuff off his new album.

Yes Soda, I agree with you and I guess you said it better than me.

I just keep thinking about how bad he slammed Glenn and Don H in his book. Ya know what I mean???

tt

Stuck on the Border

Eagles songs are all he has. To be honest, if he didn't do them who would go to see him?

Sadly, like Joe, he appears not to have much confidence in his new material.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Eagles songs are all he has. To be honest, if he didn't do them who would go to see him?

Sadly, like Joe, he appears not to have much confidence in his new material.

I agree. I hope Joe has confidence in his work.
    I love Joe and I love his new album. Family man is one of my fav songs and they finally put one day at a time on his new cd. Loving it too.

DOn Felder needs to let it go and move on...

tt

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was surprised that he did solo many Eagles songs. As you said, Soda, he could have done a couple more from the new album & what about covering some other songs that would showcase his guitar playing talent?

I actually think it's good that he does Victim of Love, Those Shoes, and Already Gone since the Eagles no longer play them. Yeah, it's not as good as the real deal, but it's better than nothing and he contributed to all of them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten