View Poll Results: Which never-before-performed song should be added to the setlist?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • On the Border

9 33.33%
  • You Never Cry Like a Lover

0 0%
  • Center of the Universe

2 7.41%
  • Do Something

5 18.52%
  • I Dreamed There Was No War

2 7.41%
  • I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

0 0%
  • It's Your World Now

0 0%
  • Last Good Time in Town

2 7.41%
  • What Do I Do with My Heart

6 22.22%
  • You Are Not Alone

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which never-before-performed song should they add to the setlist?

Default Which never-before-performed song should they add to the setlist?

As I said in the other poll, it's been strongly hinted that for the 2013 tour, there will be changes. I figured it would be fun to take a poll as to which songs that they've never played before that they could play for the first time on this tour.

Compiling this list was actually harder than I thought, because if you exclude the ex-member songs, almost all of the songs in the back catalog have been performed live at one time or another by the band (solo doesn't count). Maybe they were performed just once like The Last Resort or just a few times like The Sad Cafe, but the older songs have almost all been played. As such, this list is pretty LROOE heavy.

The only older non-LROOE, non-ex-band member songs besides the two above that have never been played (to the best of my knowledge) are The Disco Strangler, Get You in the Mood, Hollywood Waltz, Most of Us Are Sad (sung by Randy, but a Glenn song), Nightingale, and Teenage Jail.

I used our "dream setlist" thread as a guide for the 10 poll choices, which is why those didn't make it (although Hollywood Waltz was close).

Again, as I said elsewhere, most of us would want MORE than one song to be added, but for the purposes of the poll, you just get to pick one.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Which never-before-performed song should they add to the setlist?

I created this poll, but I can't decide! For me, it's either "Do Something" or "What Do I Do with My Heart." I like the quasi-duet aspect of both of those and WDIDWMH is one of my top 3 songs from LROOE. On the other hand, "Do Something" would give Tim a little more time to shine. Still thinking about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Very difficult. But I went with WDIDWMH because it's never been performed live in any way, and Glenn & Don duetting on it would be awesome to watch.

I adore YANA (which I was lucky enough to see last year) but I can't see the Eagles doing it live. I love IYWN but it's not the most cheerful of songs. I don't see why it couldn't work though now that Glenn has actually performed it. Also I have said often enough that I would always have had Do Something, not IDWTHAM.

As for ILTWAWD I would die to see that; but the Eagles would never do it and I am in a very small number of people who love the song.

For the list I would have also considered FGOTBP & BAU so Don could have a 'rant'. BAU is perhaps more 'Eagley' than FG.

hmm, even harder than the other Poll! I have 3 favorites can't still make a decision yet! Must to think about it and listen to music!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

This one was easy for me. WDIDWMH is in my top 3 Eagles songs, and I have heard both of the other two live (LROOE and WITW).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I picked What Do I Do With My Heart simply because it's one of my favorites songs.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Darn, Disco Strangler wasn't on the list! My husband would of loved that and done his best to have it dedicated to Soda.

I voted for On The Border (SURPRISE!! You all thought I would go with DS, didn't you?) because it is an old song that people would probably know. My second and third choices would of been off LROOE with Do Something and Last Good Time In Town. But I also think I would like to hear What Do I Do With My Heart.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Without hesitation, I voted for Do Something. I actully, really enjoy the message of the song. Also, how nice would it be to see TBS "do something" else? Oh, and he co-wrote it... so yes, Do Something is it.

I chose WDIDWMH. I pretty much agree with FP's comments. I love YANA but I also saw it performed last year by Glenn. I also would die to hear ILTWAWD, but it is more of a solo song. OTB is one song that I have grown quite fond of although I would rank it below WDIDWMH. Love the back & forth betweem Glenn & Don on the latter.

I had to vote for Do Something...I don't want to start on how little Timothy gets to sing but...he really does have the most beautiful voice...