View Poll Results: Which never-before-performed song should be added to the setlist?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • On the Border

9 33.33%
  • You Never Cry Like a Lover

0 0%
  • Center of the Universe

2 7.41%
  • Do Something

5 18.52%
  • I Dreamed There Was No War

2 7.41%
  • I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

0 0%
  • It's Your World Now

0 0%
  • Last Good Time in Town

2 7.41%
  • What Do I Do with My Heart

6 22.22%
  • You Are Not Alone

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which never-before-performed song should they add to the setlist?

Default Re: Which never-before-performed song should they add to the setlist?

On The Border!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I picked What Do I Do With My Heart simply because it's one of my favorites songs.
    I agree VA and JAhh said the same thing but we only wote once

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I went against the grain a bit with my vote here. I went with I Dreamed There Was No War. To me, it is a beautiful piece of music, and it is inexplicable to me why this grammy award winning song isn't included as an interlude somewhere in the live shows.

My second choice is On the Border. I've always wondered why they never played this. Perhaps that would be a good one to try in the next tour. My third choice would be What Do I Do With My Heart. I love this song, and I think it would play well live.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Of course I had to vote for Do Something. I really think Timothy is so underused. And it is a beautiful song.

It really is - and it works thematically with the band, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    Of course I had to vote for Do Something. I really think Timothy is so underused. And it is a beautiful song.
    underused? don't get me started...I wonder how he really feels about getting to sing only one song?..he would never rock the boat or voice his real feelings but I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I went against the grain a bit with my vote here. I went with I Dreamed There Was No War. To me, it is a beautiful piece of music, and it is inexplicable to me why this grammy award winning song isn't included as an interlude somewhere in the live shows.

My second choice is On the Border. I've always wondered why they never played this. Perhaps that would be a good one to try in the next tour. My third choice would be What Do I Do With My Heart. I love this song, and I think it would play well live.
    I have wondered why thet never played IDTWNM too. It's not a long song &as you said, it is a Grammy winner after all. But, we all know who wrote it & who plays lead guitar on it & that he has been cutting more of his vocal leads over the past few years .

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I have wondered why thet never played IDTWNM too. It's not a long song &as you said, it is a Grammy winner after all. But, we all know who wrote it & who plays lead guitar on it & that he has been cutting more of his vocal leads over the past few years .
    But that song has no vocal!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As far as I Dreamed There Was No War - again, I have no idea why they don't play it. I remember that one of the nights he played the song in Niagara Falls in 2006, he said that his fingers were screaming at him, so it may be that his arthritis bothers him too much. However, in an Eagles concert, Glenn wouldn't even have to play it. They could handle it similar to the way they did Silent Spring. Michael Thompson played that on the piano, so perhaps Steuart Smith could play the guitar solo for IDTWNW. Oh well - enough of my rant.

And zelda - I agree that Timothy is underused to some extent in Eagles shows, but I honestly think he must be okay with it. The problem is that Tim joined the band a little late and the band dynamics were already established by that point. I think he has always understood and accepted his role in the band. Even if he isn't totally okay with it, I guess the other advantages of being an Eagles outweigh the disadvantages.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    As far as I Dreamed There Was No War - again, I have no idea why they don't play it. I remember that one of the nights he played the song in Niagara Falls in 2006, he said that his fingers were screaming at him, so it may be that his arthritis bothers him too much. However, in an Eagles concert, Glenn wouldn't even have to play it. They could handle it similar to the way they did Silent Spring. Michael Thompson played that on the piano, so perhaps Steuart Smith could play the guitar solo for IDTWNW. Oh well - enough of my rant.

And zelda - I agree that Timothy is underused to some extent in Eagles shows, but I honestly think he must be okay with it. The problem is that Tim joined the band a little late and the band dynamics were already established by that point. I think he has always understood and accepted his role in the band. Even if he isn't totally okay with it, I guess the other advantages of being an Eagles outweigh the disadvantages.
    My opinion is that I would not see the point of IDTWNW being performed if it were not Glenn playing it. I see the analogy but it's a much better known piece of music than Silent Spring and it couldn't just be dashed off by one of the backing musicians. It is also far more a solo piece than an 'Eagles' song. Just like ILTWAWD.

Glenn just doesn't seem to enjoy showcasing his guitar playing during Eagles shows (and as we know, he is doing less guitar work during his own shows now).