Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Quoting Freypower:
    This might make an interesting new topic; who would you see solo, why & why not. It may ruffle some feathers but that's what this board is about!

I thought this was a great idea Fp and hope you don't mind me starting it for you.

I would absolutely love to see all of the guys in a solo show. I have seen Don Henley and loved every minute of it. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the chance.

My problem is money. I live in a remote area. It's a 2 and 1/2 hour drive to St. Louis for me. It seems they usually come around during the week which means taking off 2 days to go and a hotel room. I just can't afford to do that. I could try going and coming home all the same night, but that just isn't that fun! Hubby never wants me to go by myself, it costs more for two to go, and none of my friends understand my Eagles obsession at all. Flying around to see them is even more impossible. Next year if they do their Anniversary tour, we plan on seeing them. But probably just once unless there would be a few months between shows.

Anyone else?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Obviously, I'll go see any of them solo, but Glenn is the only one I'll travel for. And apparently even that has its limits as I didn't go to LA in May. I'm lucky to live in the DC area, although I'm not impressed with DC concert goers at any venue I've been to here recently. There's a big amphitheater (Jiffy Lube Live) less than ten miles from my house. If you can believe it, I've never been there!

I've not seen any of them solo until this summer. Don was here a few years ago, as close as Fairfax, but I was in the midst of major home improvement work and didn't have the money. I'd never given much thought to seeing Timothy or Joe solo before joining this board, but I'd been trying to go see Glenn solo for a long long time and it never worked out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I think it's obvious that I would try to go pretty much anywhere accessible to see Glenn perform! Like you Brooke, money is obviously a factor. Any more than one trip per year Stateside would be pushing it really! And the rigidity of a school timetable at work also limits me big time.
    I have no problem with travelling alone, but it WAS nice to be able to meet up with other Borderers at the different destinations, it really added to the whole experience!

That said, I DO live in a Capital city with a good few venues and is any of the boys came over to do a solo show I would definitely go! And I wouldn't be adverse to flying to the UK either.

You know, it amazes me how so many people dont 'get it' that I would travel to see a singer/ band that I am a huge fan of, yet they would travel to the UK or further to see their favourite football team play (lads at work take note here). Surely it's the same thing really.... Isn't it?

In short
    Glenn - anywhere!
    Don, Joe, Timothy - definitely if they played in Ireland, possibly UK.

Another thing I would do would be if I was planning to go to the States anyway and any of the guys were playing solo I would try to factor that into my itinerary.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I have seen Don Henley a couple of times solo, and once with Stevie Nicks. I think if the opportunity presented itself I wouldn't object to seeing the other guys solo, but Don I would go out of my way for.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh, I think our beloved leader is exempt from this question!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I would someday like to say that I've seen all of them solo...two down, two to go...they are each so uniquely talented and would I'm sure put on a great show...I'd probably have to travel to see Don...he doesn't seem to tour much and probably would never come to Buffalo, but you never know..Glenn has been close so hopefully I can see him someday without having to go too far...but I would travel to see him at least once...just saw Joe so probably wouldn't travel to see him, but would go in a heartbeat if he was close again...then we come to sweet Timothy B...I would follow him around the country if I could!...He has so much more to offer than we see in an Eagles show...even I (who already loved him) was so impressed by his show...just love him even more now that's all!...I know I gush...sorry!
    I can't imagine any of us not wanting to see each of them solo...it's just a matter of how much we would put ourselves out to do it..

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok... I am blessed.
    My hubby kinda gets my obsession.

The first time , we had the oppertunity to see DOn Henley at the Borgata in Atlantic City.This was back before LROOE was released. He toured with Will HOllis, Scott Crago,Michael Thompson and STewart Smith. SO as Jahh said, "Its the Eagles minus Glenn Fry and TBS".

THen having never seen them in concert, JAhh made my dreams come true and took me to see them in Phila. We got tickets on a tues nite then found out that they were playing at the Borgata on thurs nite(same week) so we did both concerts. I had great seats one in 7th row center and one in 5th row and TBS threw his guitar pick right to me. Then we got tickets again right before the THanksgiving holiday and saw them again.
    I waited my whole life to see them and then I saw them three times in one year.(That was our vacation that year lol)

LAst year for our anniversary, I got fab tickets for Joe walsh w BB KIng.They were both awsome. THat was the first time we met soda and hh and other border friends.Kinda made for a fun night.
    '
    Then, this year, I was driving to work and heard an iterview with Glenn Fry on the local radio station talking about the concert at the new Sands center in Bethelam. I called JAHH who by the time I gott to work said. HAppy Birthday . What a save I didnt know what to get you. I said...Oh honey doesnt every gal want Glenn with a big red bow around him??
    And to make it more fun ...more dessert and drinks with other Boarder members after the show.

So that being three down...the fourth came the folllowing week after Glenns show by way of the Keswick theather with TBS> What an awsome show. The shame was the theaer was only 1/4 full and the tix were so cheap.($90.oo for two and we were right up front) That was a great show. TBS is so under rated. He is so humble and has so much talent.... just great.

So as I have said I am very blessed I have seen them all in concert solo and would do it all again in a heart beat. Poor JAHH....I would love to see them solo again. THey are all so talented and have such unique talents that they bring to the stage.

So to sum up.....some people travel and some people drive fancy cars. For me, I would rather have a great eveining out with JAHH and see a great show. MAterial things are nice but for me it always is the memorie of spending time with my hubby and seeing music we both love to listen to on cd performed live. ANd lets face it ...our guys never dissapoint...not on any show I have been too.

SO, I have travled and yes I would. Guess it all depends on how much JAhh will go along with.lol

PS> i have a friend who said "Hey I can go with you to Revel, tell JAHH to stay home".. not a chance.

tt

Joe would be #1 for me. But I'd also go see Glenn and Don too or best yet - Joe and Glenn on "Party Of Two". I'm just not that familiar or "into" Timothy's solo stuff (love his Eagles songs though) to go. My favorite Eagle solo material is from Joe and Don and so those would probably get the highest votes from me but POT with Glenn and Joe would be great as they do lots of Eagles songs.

I guess I'd go in this order - Joe, Don, Glenn, Tim.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    Ok... I am blessed.
    My hubby kinda gets my obsession.

The first time , we had the oppertunity to see DOn Henley at the Borgata in Atlantic City.This was back before LROOE was released. He toured with Will HOllis, Scott Crago,Michael Thompson and STewart Smith. SO as Jahh said, "Its the Eagles minus Glenn Fry and TBS".

THen having never seen them in concert, JAhh made my dreams come true and took me to see them in Phila. We got tickets on a tues nite then found out that they were playing at the Borgata on thurs nite(same week) so we did both concerts. I had great seats one in 7th row center and one in 5th row and TBS threw his guitar pick right to me. Then we got tickets again right before the THanksgiving holiday and saw them again.
    I waited my whole life to see them and then I saw them three times in one year.(That was our vacation that year lol)

LAst year for our anniversary, I got fab tickets for Joe walsh w BB KIng.They were both awsome. THat was the first time we met soda and hh and other border friends.Kinda made for a fun night.
    '
    Then, this year, I was driving to work and heard an iterview with Glenn Fry on the local radio station talking about the concert at the new Sands center in Bethelam. I called JAHH who by the time I gott to work said. HAppy Birthday . What a save I didnt know what to get you. I said...Oh honey doesnt every gal want Glenn with a big red bow around him??
    And to make it more fun ...more dessert and drinks with other Boarder members after the show.

So that being three down...the fourth came the folllowing week after Glenns show by way of the Keswick theather with TBS> What an awsome show. The shame was the theaer was only 1/4 full and the tix were so cheap.($90.oo for two and we were right up front) That was a great show. TBS is so under rated. He is so humble and has so much talent.... just great.

So as I have said I am very blessed I have seen them all in concert solo and would do it all again in a heart beat. Poor JAHH....I would love to see them solo again. THey are all so talented and have such unique talents that they bring to the stage.

So to sum up.....some people travel and some people drive fancy cars. For me, I would rather have a great eveining out with JAHH and see a great show. MAterial things are nice but for me it always is the memorie of spending time with my hubby and seeing music we both love to listen to on cd performed live. ANd lets face it ...our guys never dissapoint...not on any show I have been too.

SO, I have travled and yes I would. Guess it all depends on how much JAhh will go along with.lol

PS> i have a friend who said "Hey I can go with you to Revel, tell JAHH to stay home".. not a chance.

tt
    TT, just quickly, Glenn's surname is spelt 'Frey'.

What I said in the other thread still stands. It would not be worthwhile for these guys to tour Australia as solo artists. If Glenn does do this, I am still wondering why (but I'm not going to complain).

I stand by what I said about Don's show. I don't think songs like End Of The Innocence or Everything Is Different Now or I Will Not Go Quietly are so breathtakingly wonderful that I need to see them performed live. As I always make clear I prefer to see Don playing drums for at least part of the show. In the unlikely event that he did come here, though, I think I would have to go.

I like the Expando songs so much that I am sure I would enjoy Tim's show; as for Joe although I have problems with his current setlist I would like to see Welcome To The Club & Turn To Stone.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

yep you caught me on a typo .